IGNORED

Best hybrid/utility club?

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a hacker and have found the square type with some mild offset are the easiest for me to hit.

I've only tried 3 different hybrid brands so I can only say that I fell in love with the ones I tried like the ones in my sig line....and had to add them to the bag. In with the hybrids and out with the long irons.

Don't do like I did....range test a bunch of different types.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Cleveland xls hibore - stable ball flight and a low handicapper i bet could rip it straight every time!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Everyone is going to list the hybrid they carry, naturally. That's because they went to the store, hit a bunch, found one they liked, and bought it. Or something like that.

But really, its up to the individual.

I went with the Ping G10 18* hybrid and I love it.

My best advice is to go to a store, grab a bunch, and hit them. See which one feels the best for you. I went to Golf.com and read some reviews on hybrids before I went to the store, and narrowed my search from there.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

I vote for the ones in my bag... the ones so few have actually had a chance to hit.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Callaway FT, Adams Idea Pro, or Titleist 585H. Gotta give the Sonartec MD a nod for being the first player's hybrid. I wish they were still around.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

I like my CLK, hated the Nike ignite I had before.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

• 1 month later...
Yesterday I went to demo station just to try tiltleist 909H before buying. I am sure I don't hit the ball well enough to play Titleist Woods, but even so, I buyed a 983K and I am happy with it, so I was thinking to do the same with hybrids. Usually no chunky-looking club gives me confidence; I have allways tried, but they do not feel well for me; so I just went to the range because the salesman "forced" me to do so...

...and man I am glad I did! I felt in love with Cleveland Hi-Bores, just gorgeous IMHO. First demo shots in my life that make me change my mind...

The Titliest 909 H hybrid club, of course! Its the one everyone needs to have and will take your long game into the clouds. I cant think of a better club!

(im just kidding, i actually think the previous model 585H is better..lol)
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!