IGNORED

Instructor/Lesson Problems..Anyone got em?

Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So i was perusing Iacas's thread and got to thinking of my own lesson problems..

I work at, well a pretty nice course, so i get discounted lessons here, so thats one of the reasons i stick with it for lessons. Basically we have two pro's, one is the boss, Leslie, and the other is Dominic. Now i took a lesson from Dominic, hit some wedges, irons, driver, and here's what he told me, "Brian, i honestly dont know what to change about your swing. You seem to know what your doing wrong, and you dont do those things very often at all. all i can tell you is you may want a higher ball flight, and a heavier shaft in your driver." So good, i lead tape the driver shaft a bit, but i really dont want to change my ball flight. So honestly, i didnt get much from this lesson. So i try the other pro. Same thing! She spent most of the lesson just watching me hit balls. The biggest thing she told me was that i should stop working the ball because that is probobly hurting my game. So basically, has anyone else ever had this? where you pay money and your instructors dont really give you anything worth while? This comes to i think three paid lessons i have taken in my serious golf life, and i have not gotten a shred of worthwhile information! I am basically self taught, and im pretty stuck at the ahndi im at now, but i dont personally know what to do, and these teachers arent giving me anything either. perhaps i should put a video up for a TST swing review? :P

So, anyone else ever been in this situation?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I have two suggestions.

One, video your swing. Sounds like you were allowing to club pros to watch your swing which is ok but I would rather have someone watch my swing with me.

Two, send in your swing. I would be more than happy to look at your swing :)

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

I have not had this situation happen to me, in fact, I think you may want to seek instruction elsewhere. Tiger woods continually gets coaching from hank haney and they work on his swing constantly. Hank always has input to give the best player in the world, not to knock you but, how could an instructor not have anything to offer you? Im no 3 handicapper, but when i take my lessons there is ALWAYS something my instructor has to offer, even if I am hitting the ball perfect for that day he will always want to work on something. For example, on my 5th lesson, i was hitting the ball great, i had developed a draw, and i was hitting every club exactly how I and he wanted me to. But he chimed in and decided that day he wanted to work on my short game, and tempo, and for an hour we did, him giving me input and changing little things all throughout my swing.

Again like i said, i'm sure im no where near as good as you but, unless your on the tour winning 50% of the time, there should always be something an instructor can help you work on.

In the bag:

Burner 460 Ti Driver 10.5°, Stiff shaft
Burner Steel 3 wood, Stiff Shaft
Burner Steel 5 wood, Stiff Shaft Burner Rescue 3, Stiff Shaft Tour Burner Irons 4-PW Z TP 52° Wedge Z TP 56° Wedge White Hot 2-ball

I have not had this situation happen to me, in fact, I think you may want to seek instruction elsewhere. Tiger woods continually gets coaching from hank haney and they work on his swing constantly. Hank always has input to give the best player in the world, not to knock you but, how could an instructor not have anything to offer you? Im no 3 handicapper, but when i take my lessons there is ALWAYS something my instructor has to offer, even if I am hitting the ball perfect for that day he will always want to work on something. For example, on my 5th lesson, i was hitting the ball great, i had developed a draw, and i was hitting every club exactly how I and he wanted me to. But he chimed in and decided that day he wanted to work on my short game, and tempo, and for an hour we did, him giving me input and changing little things all throughout my swing.

my thoughts exactly!! No one will ever have a perfect swing.. there is something i should have that needs worked on.. i honestly felt kinda cheated!!

TMO- Next time i can get out to the range i will video tape it and send her on in to ya! unfortunatly snow is predicted for tonight :( Brian

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!