IGNORED

Quitting Smoking

neudi
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 8 no dip. Cravings were brutal last night. :surrender: I nearly broke down and bought a tin on my way home from work but made the right call at the last minute and got a pouch of big league chew bubble gum instead. Close call though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 9. Feeling a lot better today than the past two. Progress.

KEEP AT IT!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9. Feeling a lot better today than the past two. Progress.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in.  If anyone knows what you're going through...believe me I do.  I quit dipping the day after Christmas.  Dipped for over 30 years and was dipping about 2 or 2.5 cans per day and like you...Copenhagen.

It's not easy.  Still isn't for me but believe me..it's worth the fight.  I realized that when I went to the dentist a few months ago and watched my wife cry with happiness when the dentist said no oral cancer signs.  I still get cravings and "triggers"; one I got through the shakes of nicotine, it was the oral fixation that I really missed-not the nicotine so much.  For that, I had a big help in a product called Smokey Mountain Snuff (I have zero affiliation with them).  It's an all herbal, non tobacco product.  I tried Jake's Mint Snuff and it was terrible.  It doesn't really taste like Copenhagen but it helped me stay off the threat of breaking down and giving in.  Most Wal-Marts carry Smokey Mountain Snuff; I tried both the Wintergreen and the Straight.  I used the Straight the most; I also tried the "Classic" and it was awful.  It really got me through the first month or so.  I've since kicked the fake dip too, thanks to having my wisdom teeth out a month ago.

Now I go through a big bag of Wintergreen Life Savers a week.  You just have to keep fighting.  And you might as well start working out or walking a few miles a day...we both know you're snacking more.  :)

I think I'm past the "danger" zone now.  Like I said...you're pretty close to the end of the nicotine cravings and that's a HUGE accomplishment.  Next is the oral fixation.  Smokey Mountain Snuff helped me big time with that.  Just whatever you do....keep up with the fight.  You've come too far to turn back now.  It's only been a few months for me and I feel much better health wise; more energy, feel healthier and already looking at which new irons I can buy with all that money I'm saving on dip!.

Seriously...feel free to PM me if you need too talk more in depth.  Like I said, if anyone can relate....

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

KEEP AT IT!!

Thanks man.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in.  If anyone knows what you're going through...believe me I do.  I quit dipping the day after Christmas.  Dipped for over 30 years and was dipping about 2 or 2.5 cans per day and like you...Copenhagen.

It's not easy.  Still isn't for me but believe me..it's worth the fight.  I realized that when I went to the dentist a few months ago and watched my wife cry with happiness when the dentist said no oral cancer signs.  I still get cravings and "triggers"; one I got through the shakes of nicotine, it was the oral fixation that I really missed-not the nicotine so much.  For that, I had a big help in a product called Smokey Mountain Snuff (I have zero affiliation with them).  It's an all herbal, non tobacco product.  I tried Jake's Mint Snuff and it was terrible.  It doesn't really taste like Copenhagen but it helped me stay off the threat of breaking down and giving in.  Most Wal-Marts carry Smokey Mountain Snuff; I tried both the Wintergreen and the Straight.  I used the Straight the most; I also tried the "Classic" and it was awful.  It really got me through the first month or so.  I've since kicked the fake dip too, thanks to having my wisdom teeth out a month ago.

Now I go through a big bag of Wintergreen Life Savers a week.  You just have to keep fighting.  And you might as well start working out or walking a few miles a day...we both know you're snacking more.  :)

I think I'm past the "danger" zone now.  Like I said...you're pretty close to the end of the nicotine cravings and that's a HUGE accomplishment.  Next is the oral fixation.  Smokey Mountain Snuff helped me big time with that.  Just whatever you do....keep up with the fight.  You've come too far to turn back now.  It's only been a few months for me and I feel much better health wise; more energy, feel healthier and already looking at which new irons I can buy with all that money I'm saving on dip!.

Seriously...feel free to PM me if you need too talk more in depth.  Like I said, if anyone can relate....

Thanks for taking the time to write that up. I appreciate that you can experience what this is like. The cravings are definitely not as bad as they were during the first week so I am hopeful that I am moving out of that stage. I already work out and try to eat pretty clean so I'm not too worried about gaining weight (although I'm aware it's pretty common when quitting). It sucks but it feels good to be kicking the habit.

P.S. I'm doing the same thing with my savings...looking to buy new irons!

Day 9 of no smoking.  The first week was pretty rough, but it seems to be getting easier.  I described it to my coworkers as a cheer squad in the back of my brain chanting 'cig-a-rette' over and over.  One of them suggesting picturing the cheerleaders as Patty and Selma from the Simpsons.  That helped.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Day 15, no cigarettes.

Used patch for the first 24 hours, but gave me messed up dreams so went cold turkey

For some reason quitting this time was MUCH easier than before.

We just moved into our new house, so a lot of my habits/routines I could break in my new surroundings which helped

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!