IGNORED

Gonna see Boo this morning...weather permitting.

Dub
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boo is doing a clinic at my home course this morning from 10-12:30. I hope the weather will allow for this.

My nine year old son is charged up mightily about going.

We hit balls on the same range yesterday....he hit a couple of really nice drives (150 yds) and grinned and asked if Boo would be hitting them out to there, too. I bent down and pointed to the tree line at the end of the range and told him that is where Boo will be landing the ball.......his eyes widened and he grinned even more.

I hope the weather works for us....we watched the Ryder Cup together and my son still laughs at the infamous "pony ride" as well as how impressive Boo was.

I relish the thought of shaking his hand and thanking him for his Ryder Cup performances.

I've been gaming a Scotty Ryder Cup headcover on my midslant....gonna see if Boo will sign it. Obviously it will be retired at that moment.

It's raining in Augusta right this moment.......come on weather....cooperate this one time.....please. My son will explode if we don't make it.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

That sounds awesome... A great way to start Masters week for sure... Here's hoping the weather works out for you guys!!! Keep us posted.

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Hope it works out. I went to a practice round last year and it was suppose to be sunny by 10:00am so we all wore shorts. Sun didn't come out until 4:00pm and I froze my a$$ off. It can get pretty chilly there.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Let Masters Week Begin! Hope your time w/Boo is awesome.

I'm gonna celebrate the kickoff by hitting some balls at the range.

"It's the Cinderella Story at Augusta National... he's got 240 yards, he's going with about an 8-iron..."

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got back from Boo's clinic here at Gordon Lakes. I can honestly say that he is one of the nicest, most down to earth people that you will ever meet. It was such a pleasure meeting him, and just the way he expressed his gratitude to the military would bring a tear to your eye. He hit some awesome shots, and was as funny as most comics you see. He could have a second career doing that! One of his first comments was about the weather. He said, and I quote, "Little chilly out here today. Good weather for some turkey huntin'." Truly a class act bar none!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

It was good seeing you there, Todd. I was worried when we pulled out of our driveway and it was howling rain...your txt msg about the actual weather at the event was encouraging...especially to an amped up 9 nine year old dead set on seeing Boo.

I'm still on the road but will post some of the pics from the event. Boo is a pure ballstriker if ever I've seen one. His wedges and irons...not to mention his driver seemed to carve through the 40mph headwind like it was nothing!!!!

Boo really did a great thing for everyone in attendance. He was outstanding.

I know it's something my son will never forget and I'm so grateful we were able to make that memory.

pics coming soon
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

glad you guys had a good time... we'd definately love to see some pics.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Absolutely! Pics would be very cool... Sounds like a great time was had by all

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Here are a few pics from Monday

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

cool...I'm stranded on the road without the cord for my camera and my laptop doesn't have a slot for the camera's memory card....my pics will be coming Thursday night.

Son had a blast.

It was pretty evident that we were sitting in the right place...

Boo was great....demonstrated some tips for stopping swaying...placed a toy beachball between his legs and maintained it throughout his swing...he smoked a five iron when doing this.

Used a piece of tubing to keep his arms together....another "Hogan-like" part to his swing. Again he pured a few shots doing this. His right elbow tucked in...everthing in the power slot....smooth acceleration and solid impact.

Not a lot of moving parts....just smoothness...powe r....balance.

Super nice guy....and we didn't break the cam era....

Very proud of our team's Ryder Cup performance. I'll always be very proud to have this rememberance. Boo signed it with pleasure. What a great guy.

Todd,

Thanks for the heads-up that morining about the weather....We were pulling out of the driveway heading to the beaches of NC...raining at the house...fearing the event had been cancelled. Your text set us on a different course that pleasantly delayed our NC trip for a couple of hours.

Boo is good people...very proud of him and grateful for what he did.

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!