IGNORED

2009 Golf Digest 100 Greatest Courses

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golfweek has a best public courses by state. I saw a link to it somewhere in this forum.

What I'd like to see:

Best public courses by for under $50
Best public courses by between $50 and $100

Now that would be useful.

I totally agree that the best list is pretty much unusable to Joe the Golfer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golfweek has a best public courses by state. I saw a link to it somewhere in this forum.

Thanks for echoing my sentiments. Who really cares about a course you'll never play or is priced out of this world ?

Maybe this is the link ? http://top100.golfweek.com/Golfweeks...le.asp?ID=1609

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Most of those lists are worthless. How many of us common folk are ever going to get to set foot on any of the private courses ? Yes there are public courses within their booklet, I have looked at it.

I care and so do many others. People love ranking things, it's in their blood. Sounds to me you're just pouting b/c you don't get to play Augusta or Pine Valley. Grow up, it's all in good fun.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Well to be honest with you I could not tell you what one hole on Pine Valley looks like and that had been #1 for years.Now Augusta is different we all know at least Amen corner so yeah I like the change.

So Pine Valley should be demoted because you haven't seen a hole there? That makes no sense.

In my bag:

2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Starting or own list. Let's see what we come up with.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...862#post286862

Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

I care and so do many others. People love ranking things, it's in their blood. Sounds to me you're just pouting b/c you don't get to play Augusta or Pine Valley. Grow up, it's all in good fun.

I am grown up, and I am not pouting.

That's fine if it's good fun, but that's all it is, there no other point to it. Sure I'd love to play those course, but many of us probably never will. It's OK to dream about playing a course on the list. It's OK that you and many other enjoy the lists. I agree we all like looking at lists and it makes for some good clubhouse conversation. But would you rather play golf or watch it on TV ? It just seems senseless discuss something irrelevant to most of us. Besides, lists of this nature our subjective. Why not just make the list about the best courses in China ? It's kind of the same thing to me. To me it's like looking at the girls in Playboy. There nice to look at, but most of us are probably not taking any of them home. Would you rather look at girls or actually go on date with one ? Have fun and play golf it's all good

Well as the economy has crashed here in Iceland our currency has depreciated so much that you could play an excellent course surrounded by lava for as little as 35$. And in my homecourse the Atlantic Ocean surrounds the course.

I took my fathers friend from Colorado to a similar course with the Atlantic ocean as the main view, and he was basically stunned the whole time. Had a hard time playing some of the holes.

You could also come here in July and then you can play 24/7, the night is almost as bright as day. Even though I travel abroad and play different courses there (beautiful ones) nothing compares to playing golf in the still midnight.

Only bugger is that you have to be "lucky" with the weather, but past 3-4 summers luck has been on our side, high strikers should though adapt to windy conditions.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

I am grown up, and I am not pouting.

Even if you only play a handful of them, which is the case for me, it is still fun to see where they may fall in the grand scheme of things. I am thankful to play any golf course, but some of them are extra special. Don't forget too, these lists may help motivate clubs around the country to improve themselves which works in our favor!

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a Top Course follower. I've had chance to play most of top 10 in US. Have not played Augusta though. Played Pine Valley and Merion in same week once. Both spectacular but I actually prefered Merion. Have walked Augusta and can't argue that it is immaculate. Pine Valley has this mystique. Fishers Island is great but is overrated in my mind. The course I love that is underrated is Ocean at Kiawah. I'd rate Ocean as best public. And I've played Pebble[muni for first 4], Bandon, Pacific, Straits, Bethpage Black......

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!