IGNORED

Callaway Drivers?

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I owe all of you gents a thank-you. The used FT-i arrived from Callaway Pre-owned last week and I was finally able to get to the range and air it out last evening. The first thing that popped into my mind was that line from Woody Harrelson's bowling movie "Kingpin": "Sweeter than YooHoo...". Nothing went right unintentionally as the Hyper X had been doing but instead straight or slight draw. Looked like decent distance but was not able to compare hard numbers yet as the range is poorly marked. I did find that by purposely slashing at the ball it would fade or slice so there is some workability there if I ever get good enough to control it.

glad to hear it is working well so far... keep us posted about distance comparisons.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 weeks later...
I've had the FT-i since middle last year, when they had that 100 dollar gas gift card promo (remember when gas was 4.25).
The ft-i is a great driver. My distance is about 210 yards, but I have hit it 250ish recently.

That being said, however I do follow the Tom Wishon idea of higher loft, so I got the 13 degree head. It works, since I now don't loose as many balls as before. MAter of fact, I've played one ball for 4 rounds.

The FT-IQ looks good, but I don't like that it only has a draw bias. When they come out with one in neutral, I'll def pick one up.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

The FT-IQ looks good, but I don't like that it only has a draw bias. When they come out with one in neutral, I'll def pick one up.

The standard FT-iQ is 1* closed(draw) while the tour version is .5* open(neutral).

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!