IGNORED

Amateur championships this summer...

DBake
Note: This thread is 6579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who are the favorities? Anyone attending any of them?

I will get a chance to check out the Public Links this June when it at Golf Mountain Golf Club.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I plan on attending the US Amateur at Hazeltine in Chaska, MN Aug 21-27. As a USGA member, I received my "volunteer" letter but more than likely won't since I only plan on going there for one day. The Monday/Tuesday rounds are being split between Hazeltine and Chaska Town Course ( http://www.chaskamn.com/tc/index.htm - which I plan to play sometime this summer). Anyone else from MN going??

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am actually going to be attempting to qualify for the match play portion of the pub links...is it still at shaker run in ohio...does anyone know i havent checked it out that much
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Gold Mountain is about 50 minutes from me. I hope to attend a day or two.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

seems like a very nice course...how is it muskegman?
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I've played the Olympic course a few times and the Cascade side once. I like that there are no houses to be seen. Its carved right out of a beautiful Pacific Northwest forest and has a ton of natural beauty.

There are elevation changes on just about every hole on the Olympic course. The only hole that doesn't have any elevation change is the par-3 16th as I remember. You have to hit across a substantial pond. I think its a mid to short-iron for me. I can't remember the exact yardage.

The Cascade course isn't quite as demanding but it is still a blast and totally hidden in the woods.

Both courses are worth playing and will provide a stern good test for this year's Amateurs. If you ever come out this direction, let me know and we'll hit it together.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Note: This thread is 6579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!