IGNORED

FootJoy DryJoy

Note: This thread is 5500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I own a pair and have liked them over the last year. That said, I have really worn through them in just over one season (keep in mind I'm only able to play when the weather permits living in upstate NY). FWIW I play about four days a week and almost exclusively walk. I'm wondering if a more expensive pair of FJs will last longer. The sizing is comparable to New Balance, which are the shoes I typically wear. I hope this helps.

R7 Superquad

Exotics 18*

Exotics 25*

AP2 (2008)

CG15 56* & 60*

Rossa Imola 8

TP Black LDP

waterproof is solid i'd say like 4 out of 5. and my only problem is breaking them in. it took a little while to get use to but they are solid shoes that gives you lots of feel under your feet

Just curious, what's the reason for a 4 instead of 5?

So they won't be comfortable right out of the box? Like sort of stiff and causing blisters during the rounds?

« Keith »

I have these shoes and love them. I found there was no break in time and my feet never got wet.
My only problem was that one of the eyelets ripped out, (i was doing them up pretty tight ), but I sent them back to Acushnet and 8 days later I had a brand new pair

I have these shoes and love them. I found there was no break in time and my feet never got wet.

I had exactly the same problem. This rubber hole ripped out, and I did not do anything rude with them.

Additionally, during the first round the leather folded in a way that it put pressure on the socket of my toes. But that went away while. I'd say solid shoes, if you pay attention to the rubber eyelets.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I have them with the pods, haven't had any complaints yet, I have a pair in white with black across the side and black with white across the side...very comfortable and comparable to size, they fit like a regular sneaker would, NOT nike...nike makes their shoes smaller so if you're say, a 12 in nike's i'd go with an 11.5 in FJ's. (used to work in a sporting goods store)...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

The only golf shoes I'll buy. I'm not a brand *****, if they ever disappoint me I'll change, but I've been wearing them forever and it hasn't happened yet.

They fit me perfectly and are ready to go right out of the box. Waterproofing stands up through the life of the shoe. I can put a foot in a water hazard and assuming that the water isn't above the shoe itself, my foot is gonna stay dry.

FWIW, I get 200+ rounds out of a pair......call it 3 solid years.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone own these shoes? How do you like them? Also, how do the sizes compare with your everyday sneaker brand such as Nike.

I have a couple of premium FJ shoes, Dryjoy and GF-2, and have no complaints. Both are still going strong after a couple of years each. Although, I probably only wear each of them 5-6 times a year. A pair of the 'lesser' quality style were very uncomfortable after a few rounds so I took them out of the rotation (I got them for free so it didn't matter).

The sizing is for FJ is VERY different than Nike for me. With basic Nike running shoes I have worn a size 11 for as long as I can remember. My size in FJ is 10 wide. Don't know if it is like that for everyone, but that is what I have found. The dressy style Nike golf shoes, think Tigers, I would wear a 10.5, but the athletic style golf shoes is still an 11.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Note: This thread is 5500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!