IGNORED

When's the last time you (intentionally) broke a club?

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When's the last time you intentionally broke a club out of anger?

• This year
    • 1-2 years ago
    • 2-5 years ago
    • 5-10 years ago
    • More than 10 years ago

The fact that this many people have broken clubs baffles me. I had a horrible temper in high school and quickly realized that a chnage was mandatory. I would never even think of throwing one of my clubs. I broke my tennis raqcuet, but that was because it slipped out of my hand when I was trying a weird serve. I can only suggest anger management to you unfortunate people that can't control yourselves.

I wouldn't go so far as to call people "unfortunate" just because they broke a club in the heat of the moment. Would you chastise(sp?) baseball players who break bats over their knee (which is a great clip on Sportscenter

) after striking out? What is the big deal? You could scream obsenities, which could be worse. You could sit in the cart and turn beat red and stew over the last horrible shot, surely to repeat it. Breaking a club, as far as I know, is not against the rules. If someone needs to release their frustration about their own game on a club- so be it, it is their loss and penalty to play with one less club, and have to pay to repair it. If I'm playing against someone who snaps one, good for me. For the record, I actually have not broken a club, except when the head flew off my driver.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Well it looks as though I need anger management. I had gone over 5 years without damaging a club. That is until Wednesday night. I hit a 290 yard drive and was only 35 yards off the green. My opponent was lying 4 and was behind me. He put his 5th on the green. I chunked my second. My third went over the green and came to rest against a tree. Four bareley made it out of the woods. Five dubbed it's way onto the green. At that point I side armed the club at my bag. Double whammy. I bent the leg on the bag and tweaked the shaft. The stand still worked, but my gap wedge had to go into time out the rest of the night. By the way, my opponent and I both made seven and I ended up beating him by 8 shots. I was only giving him 6 so we took all of the points to retake first place.

Although my response was childish, I immediately felt better. I also began playing somewhat better as well. Unfortunately, I did need the gap wedge several times on the last five holes. I was able to joke about it the rest of the night.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

The poll needs one more choice

"Never"

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

I agree the poll does need the never option.

I always come to my senses before breaking one. I did give my driver a pretty good whack onto the grass 3 weeks ago. Made a huge whap, but the way I slammed it was pretty safe.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

When I started playing in 1997, I bought a driver for $25 from Wal-Mart. It was a Dunlop something or other. Anyway, I played with it until 2002 or 2003, and I could hit that thing right down the middle 75% of the time. I didn't hit it very long, but it was accurate.

To make a long story short, the club was feeble and ready to go at any time. At least that's what I tell myself.

I hit a drive on a par-5 that hugged the creek line. Needless to say, it took a bad bounce left and ended up in the creek. I slammed my driver down (not very hard actually), and the head broke off.

I tossed the head and rest of the club into the creek that sucked in my ball.

Game over.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never have. Honestly I would say that I can have a pretty bad temper at times but for me to break something that I've worked so hard to get would be just pointless to me. And plus, my golf clubs are my babies....

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Note: This thread is 6546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!