IGNORED

Hello from a girl state champ from Iowa!

Seven Iron
Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welcome!

I see you posted this, but you need to add it to your sig line...

As the father of a girl who likes golf (I intend to keep it that way), it's not lost on me that women's golf isn't nearly as competitive as men's golf, and that scholarship options abound for good female players.

I was curious about this too... as a soon to be father of ?????, I am also looking forward to trying to get my children into golf. I have often thought that one of the advantages of being a girl golfer would be the availability of golf scholorships.

Interesting note: today I talked to a lady who played in college on a scholorship... she was playing behind us in our scramble today. She was using some Callaways I think, and she could hit it pretty well. She said she was used to playing from 6500 or so, so playing from the reds was a nice little advantage. Anyway... welcome, ignore the boneheads and enjoy the forum.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

what are the average yards for a championship set up for females?

For state I honestly can't remember what the total course yardage was because it was different for both days (same course different tees) but I can tell you about the holes.

For par 4s we played those about an average of 340ish with the longest being 360. For par 3s we played those at around 140ish with the longest around 155. Par 5s were around mid 400s with a rather long one being around 450. ----- For college the average is around 6500 yards i do believe.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Okay sorry for the late reply to this one, just got back from work. Here's what's in my bag for everyone who was wondering

I use #7's too. With an orange dot, though. Im a huge denver bronco fan. (or used to be) A friend of mine just picked up a set of the 09 callaway x-forged irons, they're pretty good. The x-22's are nice, too.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Yeah, thost 22s look sweet. When my parents were ready to buy me the set I would use throughout high school we went to my pro and tried out all sorts of irons but I noticed a love for those Callaways the moment I gripped them and I've loved them ever since. It's gonna take a lot to get me away from Callaway.

2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Yeah, thost 22s look sweet. When my parents were ready to buy me the set I would use throughout high school we went to my pro and tried out all sorts of irons but I noticed a love for those Callaways the moment I gripped them and I've loved them ever since.

like a sponsorship with nike(or insert other clubmaker here)

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Well now that you mention it...haha I wouldn't know really! I would love a sponsorship with Callaway and for apparel I would love Adidas!

Well now that you mention it...haha I wouldn't know really! I would love a sponsorship with Callaway and for apparel I would love Adidas!

Good luck with that since Adidas and Taylormade have a partnership, and Callaway has their own apparel.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Good luck with that since Adidas and Taylormade have a partnership, and Callaway has their own apparel.

Well thanks for the downer

I've loved Adidas forever. I'm glad that Drake University athletics are sponsored by their apparel

Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!