IGNORED

Nike One Black (08) or Taylormade Burner TP

Note: This thread is 5492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been looking over these balls for the last week or so and cannot decide which to go with. I have played Nike One Platinum for the last 2 years, but I'm looking for more distance without losing too much feel. I know it will be next to impossible to replace the spin of the Platinum but I'm losing distance off the tee. The Nike One Black is on closeout at the local Dick's for $29.99 and the Burner is going for $24.99. My driver swing speed is around 95 mph and I still would like to keep green side spin as high as I can. Can anyone help me out?
Driver: '07 Burner 10.5* R Flex ReAx Shaft
3 Wood: '07 Burner 15* R Flex ReAx Shaft
Utility: '07 Burner Rescue 19* R Flex Reax Shaft
Irons: MP-33 3-PW S300 Shaft
Wedge: X-Forged 52* Steel Shaft Wedge: X-Forged 58* MD-C Steel Shaft Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Burner TP

I played a Srixon Trispeed and the Platinum together for 9 holes and the Trispeed was consistantly 12-15 yards longer off the tee and long irons. But I was unhappy with the greenside control of the Trispeed. What I gained in distance off the tee, I lost around the greens. But of course with some time to practice with the ball I could make it work but I was not crazy about the feel coming off the short irons with the Srixon. For example: Hole 15 is a 405 yard par 4. Course was wet but greens were actually in good shape with a little bit of a firm feel, not too many ball marks into the greens. I hit a 2 really good drives both in middle of the fariway, Trispeed was 14 yards longer than the Platinum so I took the Trispeed. I was 135 yards out with no wind with a 9 iron for my second shot, pin in the middle of the green. First shot was the Platinum, excellent contact, perfect ball flight for me, dropped and stopped 12 ft. below the hole. Trispeed: again made good contact, the ball felt much harder than the Platinum, it hit about 6 feet left of the pin bounced about as high as the pin and rolled off the back of the green. Mind you I hit the ball fairly high and I make very good contact with my irons so for a ball to do that is cause for me to get rid of it. I like the distance it gave me but not the performance off the short irons. If I had played the platinum I would have had a shot of about 149-150 which is a strong 8 or smooth 7 for me so I definately would have had to club up, so I'm looking for something longer but still descent performance off the short irons. The course I play in league is very dry and firm so I can only imagine what the Trispeed would have done on a rock hard green.

Have heard good things about both the Black and Burner TP so those are what I've narrowed it down to.
Wedge: X-Forged 52* Steel Shaft Wedge: X-Forged 58* MD-C Steel Shaft Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Burner TP

I personally prefer the taylormade tp black over the nike,i play all the top balls as i have about 500 of them at home,i just tried the taylormade this week and i am very impressed.Its very good around the green for chipping,pitching and putting.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

i love how the taylormades perform off the and around the greens... i dont know what it is about the nike... but that ball i can never keep in play
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

between the 2 I go with the Nike Blacks, for me. Definitely have had more luck with them than the TP Black.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I'd check out the Titleist NXT's. I play the tours and get decent spin around the green... more of the one hop stop style than backspin. I think they are decent off the tee too. Then again i am the type of player that is just happy with fairways cuz my strong point is hitting greens in regulation and 2 putting for par.

Speed LD F Stiff Shaft 9.5*
3dx dc 2 ironwood 17*
3dx dc 4 ironwood 23*
710 AP1 5 - P
50.08 Spin Milled CC 56.11 Spin Milled CC 60.04 Spin Milled CCDual Force 2 Putter #1 Pro V1xForget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

I'd check out the Titleist NXT's. I play the tours and get decent spin around the green... more of the one hop stop style than backspin. I think they are decent off the tee too. Then again i am the type of player that is just happy with fairways cuz my strong point is hitting greens in regulation and 2 putting for par.

My dad plays the NXT Tours and I played them a few rounds last year and did not care for them much.

I just got home from Dick's and while I was there I bought a box of Nike One Blacks. I got on ebay earlier today and found 6 dozen new Burner TP w/LDP for $75 so I gobbled those up to. So needless to say I'm gonna answer my own question to this thread hopefully this weekend . Thanks for the replies and insight.

Note: This thread is 5492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!