IGNORED

Check out this article with Phil and Faldo trash talking.

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you ever considered the possibility that he DOES NOT see them, and that it's not pretending at all?

I have to say that I have heard it from professional baseball players that they do not here 30,000 screaming fans when they are in their "zone" during play. So it may be possible that he never hears...but no-one knows. To me it seems they hear when they want to hear. But really, you have to tune the crowd out or you would never be able to play.

I would completely believe a golfer could ignore the crowd when they're playing. In my experience, when you're in front of a crowd of people, it's actually pretty easy not to notice any one of them. That's why, for example, you have to work really hard to make eye contact with the audience when you're giving a talk.

Like a couple others have mentioned, I find it really amusing that so many people seem to have deep insights into the personalities of these pro golfers. Heck, what does it even mean for Phil to be phony because he makes contact with the fans on the course? Silliness...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was going to try and stay out of this but i no longer can.

First of all, i think the title of the thread misrepresents the main point of the article which, to me atleast, is about the differences between Phil and tiger. I thought the Phil-Flado bit was just a side bar.

I like phil better than tiger for a number of reasons. I like phil's attitude better, the fact that you never know which phil your gonna get and most off all i never yell at tiger "What ARE YOU DOING? DON'T DO IT!!!" like i do about phil.

In regards to the Phil-faldo exchange. Sounds like something i would say to my friends and i don't get why some people are saying Phil shouldn't say that to someone with more majors, former world number 1, etc. I always say i'm going to beat my friend at the beginning of a round and at the turn and he usually beats me by 10-20 strokes. It is all in good fun and thats what phil meant for it to be taken. Not his fault Faldo didn't take it as a joke.

Lastly, I don't get why people say it is Phil being fake when he interacts with fans. Maybe other players on tour are just mad at him for making them look bad? either way i really don't care if it is fake or not because it is the right thing to do.

First of all, i think the title of the thread misrepresents the main point of the article which, to me atleast, is about the differences between Phil and tiger. I thought the Phil-Flado bit was just a side bar. .

No the title represents exactly why I posted it....but everyone else got on the subject of Tiger/Phil. I personally dont care, I dont care for neither. My favorite golfer (of today) is Kenny, with Boo, JB, Couples, Ogilvy, Duval, Jason Gore, Pat Perez, Stewart Cink, Anthony Kim, Furyke following behind (not in that particular order).

I honestly could not careless if Tiger and Phil fell off the planet. Then maybe we could see some golf on TV without the camera stuck up their behind for 4 days. I personally found it amusing to sit here all day and watch the cat fight from everyone about something that is totally irrelevant. I posted this because I found it amusing that Phil was dishing out what I have heard Faldo do to other competitors. I am just upset that it didnt escalate to hair pulling, scratching and screaming like little girls that, IMO, I thing they both are.

Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to pass this on to several buddies. This article is true. And even though rckwd you don't like either golfer thanks for contributing...I find no matter what opinion you may have there is a decent amount of fairly intelligent comments on these two golfers on this site and the Masters was great golf with lots of story lines. I will enjoy watching it again and again on the Hi Def DVR. As as I stated in a "Tharsh Talk" article comment here on TST...Tiger is a cock. I have two close friends that are on the PGA Tour--one is a player and one is a caddie...they will testify that Phil is more liked than Tiger. And he indeed absolutely hates to lose at ping pong. Oh, and the Phil/Nick exchange was funny.

Tiger and almost everyone turns into a comically pathetic tunnel vision zombie, pretending he doesn't see or hear the fans calling out to him, or reaching out their hands, between holes. Phil genuinely interacts, with the sheepish grin, and clearly enjoys it.

It seems you've never taken part in a sporting event and been in the zone.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!