IGNORED

Double Eagle

shakogolfer78
Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a match today (see Talent ....Wasted) and as a whole the team played really bad, but in the group behind me my teamate was on the par 5 18th and hit a driver down the middle and had 230 left into the green then he hit a hybrid at the flag and the greens were ridiculously fast and it rolled right up into the cup for a two on a par 5! They didn't see it drop so they spent a long time lokking until on kid said,"Its in the cup!" That made his day, and it made our poor rounds a little brighter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is awesome!!!! In my opinion the Albatross (double eagle) is a million times harder to get than a hole-in-one. Congrats my friend! Go cross that off your "things to do in golf before I die" list.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

That is awesome!!!! In my opinion the Albatross (double eagle) is a million times harder to get than a hole-in-one. Congrats my friend! Go cross that off your "things to do in golf before I die" list.

That's not even debateable the Albatross is certainly the most difficult of the two.

I almost saw one on a 250 yd par 4 at a course in Toledo... guy smoked the pin just after I walked off the green. I watched him two putt from 4 ft after I told him he hit the pin and nearly had an ace on a 4... certainly one of the craziest things I've ever seen. I could never even hit the damned green... over, left, right, short, bunker... maybe hit that green 2 out of 25 times.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

That's not even debateable the Albatross is certainly the most difficult of the two.

Well then, glad my opinions are facts : )

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

I heard that John Wooden once had both in a single round. I don't know if that's said because he's a local hero or if it really happened.

In any case, yes, the albatross is much harder for two reasons. They both require outstanding luck (although skill can make them more likely, it can't produce them on demand - look at how rare they are on TOUR). But the albatross requires a passable or better first shot then a terrific second shot. It's also usually from further out than an ace (on a par-3). Think about anyone you know who goes for a par-5 in two. How often do they do it from less distance than their typical par-3?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I heard that John Wooden once had both in a single round.

A friend of mine did just that. First the ace, then 2 holes later, the albatross. Needless to say, he won all the money that day. Shot a 68. Made the local paper. I've come close to both, but never a cigar! (And never even remotely close to doing both in the same round.)

Very cool. Without a doubt the rarest score in golf.......well, an ace on a par 5 notwithstanding.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

that's awesome lol. Always nice to get a surprise finding the ball in the hole hiding from you

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!