IGNORED

Tee Prizes

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which tee prize would you want?

• Oversized golf towel
    • Golf bag watch
    • Glove clip
    • valuables pouch

I would like your opinions on something. I am on the board of a mens golf association. We are getting ready to order some small tee prizes to give out at our member-guest in June. Several boards members including myself came up with some ideas. I will simply say we are in disagreement on what we should get. I will not taint the voting by telling you which is mine and which of the others I like or don't like. In addition, I would like you to give reasons why you voted the way you did, and please do not pull any punches.

I have attached pictures of the bag watch, valuables pouch, and glove clip. The towel is an oversized embroidered golf towel. Also, each item will have our association logo put on it.

Thank you for your help!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Watches (despite the fact that I've given them out) are pretty hit or miss. For those who carry, it's extra weight.

Not everyone wears a glove. Or wants to stick it on a clip it if they do.

Most golf bags have a valuables pouch.

I voted for the towel. Good golf towels are fiendishly expensive, and nearly everyone carries a towel around. Plus it's good advertising.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have not been playing seriously that long and I already have more golf towels than I know what to do with.

I am particular about watches, have never seen a free one worth keeping.

Glove clip, good idea in theory, back pocket works better for me in practice.

So I voted valuables pouch. While my bag has one, I like to sub divide so my phone / watch (turned off) does not get scratched by my money clip / keys.

Regards,
-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

Valuables pouch - Most bags have them now, just about everyone I play with has a Crown Royal bag (or something similar) to put stuff in. A few guys have one for the valuables and another one for the betting money.

Glove clip - I am guessing that is something you put on your belt or pocket and it has a piece of velcro to hold the glove. I wouldn't have much need for it. I rotate three gloves through the round so that thing would get pretty crowded. I would be too worried about a glove falling off. Plus, there are plenty of straps on the bag or places on the golf cart to put a glove if you don't want it in a pants pocket.

Towel - This would be my second choice. I have more golf towels that I need, and I would guess most people do. I would have a hard time receiving a nice towel and then basically ruin it with dirt and mud from clubs. I know, I know, that is the purpose of it but if it was too nice I wouldn't want to ruin it. But it would be a very unique gift, especially if it was more than just a crappy towel with a clip, and I would think most people would appreciate it.

Bag watch - I am a big fan of these. I don't wear a watch, and even if I did I doubt I would wear it when I play. For me it is almost a necessity so I don't miss a tee time while at the practice area or if I need to see if I will be too late getting home (or back to work). I have been using the same one for several years and have changed the battery a couple of times, but it still works great.

Just one man's opinion, but I voted for the watch.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

The towel is something I use every time I play. In hot weather I have two. One towel for clubs and ball and one for me and my sweat.

The others are OK, but not as useful.

Never a watch. I have a cell phone, I don't need something extra to put on the bag. What about a good gust-proof umbrella with the club logo? If you are willing to spend a little more money, what about a nice wind shirt? It's all about how much you want to spend per person.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Thanks to everybody for your input and votes. Keep them coming!

Never a watch. I have a cell phone, I don't need something extra to put on the bag. What about a good gust-proof umbrella with the club logo? If you are willing to spend a little more money, what about a nice wind shirt? It's all about how much you want to spend per person.

Umbrellas aren't really an option, I mean it rains here like twice a year, and guys won't use them for shade from the sun. We did shirts a few years back and the sizing was a nightmare so we decided no more clothes.

Our budget is around $25 a person.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

Thanks to everybody for your input and votes. Keep them coming!

I've been to oodles of outings. No offense, but your prize selection (everything but the towel) sucks. Look at it like this, would YOU want a bag clock or a glove clip? Really, how much of that stuff is stuck in your garage right now? Me, I have a shelf full of bag tags, valuable sacks of all types, cheap logo balls and ill fitting hats that I end up giving or throwing away. If you haven't committed to anything and your budget is $25, here's one of the coolest things I've ever got at a golf outing. I never carried a retriever in my life until I won this at an outing. (You know, us "real" golfers would never) I can tell you which outing I got this from and when, and it's one of the few prizes I can do that with. If there's a category for coolest retriever ever built, this one would win hands down. It folds down to about 15 inches and extends to like 12 feet. It fits entirely in the side pocket of my bag. Invisible until needed. Trust me. It's neat. Here's a place to get them, this guy will deal with volume purchases. Call, don't Email. http://••••••••••••••••.com/tigobare.html There may be other places to get them, but I know their tough to find. I only know 3 other people who have one and we all got them at the same outing. I apologize for saying your list sucked. I commend you for seeking opinions. I'm hoping you're not offended. Not my intent. I hope you wanted real thoughts.

I apologize for saying your list sucked. I commend you for seeking opinions. I'm hoping you're not offended. Not my intent. I hope you wanted real thoughts.

No harm no foul, and as I said in my first post, not all of these are my choice. I personally believe at least one of them to be a complete waste of money. That being said I think I would have a very hard time selling your idea to the rest of the guys. For one, the golf course we play on has a grand total of 4 ponds and two of them are really not in play. Realize we live in a desert, most courses here are completely devoid of lakes. Thanks though for the suggestion I appreciate any and all of them.

Another nice gift I received was a photo of each member/guest team. A photographer was at the 10th tee. The nicely framed/mounted photo was at your dinner seat on the last night.

Maybe you're already doing something like this?

Now that's a gift that gets better and better over the years. I don't know what the cost would be but I'm thinking $25 a man should be plenty.

i went with the towel. it just simply seems like the item that i would get the most mileage out of. the watch would be cool, but i've got a cell phone that can tell me the time just as well without adding one more item for me to be carrying around during a round. i also think that most people have about a thousand pockets on their golf bags, so that pretty much rules out the need for a "valuables pouch." and i know i'm in the minority on this one, but i don't use a glove when i play, so i personally have zero need for a glove clip.

(yay, 300th post)

Voted golf watch, but was torn between that and the towel.

Almost always wear a watch, but not when I'm golfing. If I have it on I throw it in the valuables pouch in my bag...otherwise I'd rather not take it to the course in the first place. For me, having a watch on my bag would be great.

Like others have said, a good towel is always appreciated...and they are good for puting a logo on. Towels get dirty and wear out...you eventually need a new one, and usually sooner then later.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I voted for golf watch because golf towel is just too common and practically everyone already has a golf towel. I always wear a watch because I feel naked without one and I can't wear one when I golf so having one attached to my bag would be great and is a very unique idea.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Another nice gift I received was a photo of each member/guest team. A photographer was at the 10th tee. The nicely framed/mounted photo was at your dinner seat on the last night. Maybe you're already doing something like this? Now that's a gift that gets better and better over the years. I don't know what the cost would be but I'm thinking $25 a man should be plenty.

You know thats not a bad idea, I am going to throw that one out there. I have several of those types of pictures on my wall in my office, and I like them.

Thank you.

I voted towel, because I think of the 4 it's the least likely to be put away and forgotten. But I like Mr3Putt's idea even better. It's perfectly customized for each person, and it's a better keepsake than just another piece of free swag.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Another nice gift I received was a photo of each member/guest team. A photographer was at the 10th tee. The nicely framed/mounted photo was at your dinner seat on the last night.

I have had this done before and it isn't too bad. I have a few from pro-ams, but those are neat since there is a pro involved. I got one from a charity tournament that my company donated to and sent me to play. The two guys on my team I only knew as acquaintances so I never did much with the photo, except maybe use the frame for something else. However, I think this could be a great idea, especially at a member-guest where at least two of the four people in the photo will be good friends.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!