IGNORED

Your Course's Course/Slope Rating

Note: This thread is 6607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whoops, my bad.

I think the slope is correct for all three tee sets, but I think the white tee's course rating should be a little higher, its the greens at my course at are hard and even if you have a club or two less into them, they're still hard once you get on them.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

The Championship course is a Par 70...

From the tips: 74.5/140
From the blues: 73.5/133

I think this is very fair. The problem with the course is that they rarely put the tee markers at the plates and it artificially lowers our handicaps. We rarely do well when we go and play in interclub matches . When they do put the markers at the plates in tournaments, everyone bitches. Including the public that plays after the tournament.

I say that if you don't like playing the tees from where they should be - at the freaking plates - then move up. The rating isn't the problem...if I shoot 75 from the tips I'm really happy. The problem is the course setup.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

76.4/162 from the back tees. 7,310 yards.
74.4/158 from the tees i play from. 6797 yards.

koolau golf course.

its said to be the hardest course in the would, but my scores there are generally the same as any other course ive played.

but then again, im about a 15 handicap so maybe it doesnt matter where i play, haha.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Tees 73.7/126 Around 6800 yards

White Tees 72.3/126 Around 6500 yards

These are about right when there is little or no wind, although the blues should probably be 73.7/130 in my opinion.

The problem with these ratings is that our course is a seaside links and when the wind blows it gets very difficult. The front nine especially where we have a 450 yard par 4 followed by a 420 yard par 4 that almost always play into the wind.

I like this way of handicapping, the only issue I have is that it doesn't cater for how difficult/easy a course is on any given day, but in saying that it's probably the fairest.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Blue Par 71 - 76.6/148 - 7297 yards
White Par 71 73.8/135 - 6684 yards

I think its pretty fair.

I wouldnt really do to much to change it (dont really even know where to start as to how the best way to do that would be) as they set up the course in a variety of ways (hard/easy) over the span of a month.

The main factor is the combo of set up and wind. Even with the tees up, if the wind is up it can qucily negate any advantage.

Also the wind shifts dramatically for day to day (10 either plays full downwind one day or into the teeth the next) so after a number of rounds, you'll get a good average of conditions from which to base your scores on

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

• 3 weeks later...
I work at Nashawtuc CC, site of the champions tour Bank of America championship, the one that was rained out this year. From the golds, its 73.1/134, 6800 yds and blues is 70.9/129, 6333. Its a very flat course, with only one major hill. I feel this might be a little high just because of the lack of hills so if you can keep it in play, the rough will not make an impact at all

Adams RPM 430Q, 9.5 Aldila 65NVS
Cobra F speed 3 wood
Nike CPR 5-PW
Cleveland 900 series 52 degree wedge
Titleist Oil Can Spin Milled 58 degree wedge (freaking sweet, go get one)

Our course is a 69.4/123

It's rated way to low. It's almost a joke. Nobody has ever shot par at our course. The greens are rock hard and half the holes are lay-ups with long irons or hybrids, leaving you 160+ for your approach shot.

But, hey, when we go to interclub matches, we kill.

Note: This thread is 6607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!