IGNORED

Quail Hollow (Wachovia) Championship 2009

bigmick
Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am thinking of driving down to Charlotte for the Quail Hollow championship and wondering if anyone else is planning on going (I know there are a few on here in the area). Right now the weather isn't looking to good, but that can change any minute.

For those that have been, or plan on going - any suggestions?? (parking, days, etc.). I am thinking of going Thurs. (but may be Fri depending on Boo's tee times and how soon I can get there from Raleigh).
Its about a 2 hr drive for me - but for the field that is committed to play, I don't think I can take a chance that they will also be playing at the Wyndham in Greensboro late this year (which is closer).

Burner - Driver
Burner - 3 wood
19 deg. & 22 deg. Rescue
Wrath 5-PW irons
CG14 52, 56, and 60 deg. wedges Rossa Daytona putter

I am thinking of driving down to Charlotte for the Quail Hollow championship and wondering if anyone else is planning on going (I know there are a few on here in the area). Right now the weather isn't looking to good, but that can change any minute.

I went today and posted something. Absolutley nobody said anything. I was trying to participate in the site. Welcome to Charlotte. I will post it below. I love Quail Hollow.

This week in Charlotte is the "Wachovia"/Quail Hollow Championship. I am off all week, and have Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun tickets. Event Lawns on Sunday. I was out today for 4 or 5 hours for practice/pro-am round. Weather is great. Greens and Fairway are in good shape. The only thing about the course that bothered me was how short the rough is. Buried deep and you still had 20% of the ball exposed. The municipal courses around here sometimes have higher rough. Don't know if I don't know what i am talking about and they will let it grow all week but at this point the course is rather easy, in my opinion. Nobody playing in the pro-am that I recognized, but enjoyed walking the course looking for shady spots for over the week. 75% of the concession stands were not open. I'm sure by Thursday everything will be fully operational. Finally ended up with a cold beer at the practice range. Spotted Anthony Kim coming on to the tee boxes and followed him to the corner where he set up. Knowing that he had won the tournament last year, the media coverage ought to be pretty high on this guy. Sure enough, news channel 14 and 3 showed up and conducted interviews. He was practicing with an amateur whom I presume will be playing with him on Wed. Nothing but advice and smiles. I could tell that the longer he was there the more tired of sponsors and manufacturer reps he got. Before the interview started he asked the amateurs caddy to borrow his hat. It was a Nike victory red, I think it's called, hat. As we know, AK swings Nikes and made the comment that Nike has already contacted him a few times for not wearing the correct "colors". In my opinion he is a class act and has a great personality. That is something that golf is desperately in need of today. I will be going back on Wed with the mission of getting Steve Spurrier's autograph in the pro-am. Will post what happened through that day on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Thanks for reading. Just wanted to let people know what what going on around here in golf.

Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!