IGNORED

Golf Colleges

SasQuatch<3
Note: This thread is 5493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Senior year is coming up and I got to start thinking of some colleges to go too. Golf is deffianetly a priority, however I dont think im at the skill level to play on a division one team.. What are some great colleges to look at when it comes to golf.. any division any where, and of course money is an issue but maybe something will work out, Im not to shure what specifics im going to study, maybe more along the lines of engineering. Anyways I thought I should ask for some advice/help from you guys!

Ok dude... As someone who is about to get a degree from the purdue school of engineering (started at Purdue and now in an IUPUI program), you may want to look at it a little more along the lines of what type of engineer you want to be and other than the term engineer and some of the the same math courses most of em don't have a darn thing to with one another. Just a tip.

the crappy thing is that you're not going to find alot of d3 or d2 schools with engineering programs that are accredited. Which means they're really not worth the effort. When you say golf is a priority do you mean you its just fun to you and you would like to play for a team. Because then I'd go for a division 3 program. You practice up and get it down around 80 or so and you may have a fightin chance at makin the team. Now if you want more of a career path with golf I'd suggest going on google and typing in a search for "Professional Golf Management" or other golf related careers. Just kinda an after thought.. what type of engineer where ya thinking of being?

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Sasquatch, it's admirable that you're thinking about college golf. I played 2 years at Hampton Univ., which is probably on the lowest level of D-1. Even at a school like that, you'll want to average high 70's to have a chance at traveling. If you really want to focus on playing, find you a course that's at least 6800 yds. If you can consistently get 80 and below, try to walk on (that's what I did). Also, most importantly, find a school that 1) has a good reputation for your major and 2) you'll feel comfortable at. Good luck.

Chuuch

The one thing people love to correct on this site is grammer.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The one thing people love to correct on this site is grammer.

ya f%ck it. it dont matter. LOL

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

wake? the "l" is next to the "k". how did you forget it? and how did you get "e" in there? i think you need to focus on your school work before having pipe dreams of becoming tiger woods.

dude, first of all, wake is known to smart people as Wake Forest University. You know, the one that is in the ACC, right? Also, i have no dreams to be the next tiger woods, i was leaving a comment and i am not the OP. Nice try though...you must have felt cool trying to correct someone!

Personally, I think your best bet is to go to the best college you can get into for school and work on being a walk-on golfer. One of my Fraternity brother's is a +1 and is trying to walk on our golf team. I know a 3 hcp who isn't even getting consideration.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

wake? the "l" is next to the "k". how did you forget it? and how did you get "e" in there? i think you need to focus on your school work before having pipe dreams of becoming tiger woods.

This made me LOL

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Note: This thread is 5493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!