IGNORED

Launch Monitors

tmf9
Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went into two different launch monitors at edwin watts and one of them measured swing speed and displayed it by computer. On that one my swing speed was 92-97. On the second launch monitor they had a little device behind the tee that measured swing speed. On that I had a swing speed of 107-112. I was wondering which one of those would be more accurate. I hit the ball 275 yards or more on a good swing if that helps.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I don't know but I was in golfsmith the other day and usually their launch monitor is pretty consistent for me (92-98 mph ss) but one time I hit a pop up and the monitor reported a 183mph swing speed and a 385 yard carry.... so take anything those machines tell you with a 55 gallon drum of salt.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Launch monitors are generally useful, but nothing compares to seeing a real ball fly. I would never buy a club without first hitting it on the golf course. Think about it, would you buy a car after driving it in a simulator?

Launch monitors are a nice tool to help match heads and shafts, but they aren't the holy grail of club fitting. I've found that any idiot with a $30,000 launch monitor now sees themselves as master club fitters. The guys at Edwin Watts and Golfsmith stores are pretty good, but the best fitters I've seen fit you for lie and length indoors, and take things outside to see ball flight and impact on grass. There is no substitute for reality!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

I don't trust swing monitors. Sometimes I thing they manipulate the swing speeds and distances to make people think they hit the "new" driver longer than they did the old one. I just go by feel.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I agree, as I'm not a huge fan of launch monitors either. Don't get me wrong, they can be a valuable asset when determining proper lofts in a set, but proper shaft selection should be made before the launch monitor comes into play.
Driver - Kenneth Smith 460 Classic Grafalloy Blue
Woods - Kenneth Smith 3 & 5 Woods Grafalloy Blue
Irons - Kansas City KC-102 Musclebacks Harrison Professional Shafts
Wedges - Kansas City 56* & 60* KCM-Grinds Harrison Professional Shafts
Putter - Kansas City Prototype

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!