IGNORED

worst round.. not from playing, but waiting and playing partners...

BigDaddy_Sean
Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so I joined up in a league with a buddy of mine on tuesdays at a pretty descent course.. we played last week with a fun group.. unfortunately the best avg in the league is 43.

Yesterday I played 9 holes that took 3 hrs, 15 minutes to play. I hit every shot solid.. and still shot 43. Couldn't put to save my life.. My partner shot 41 ... but the team we were playing with shot 55 and 60... easily. sprayed each tee shot .. searching for balls on every hole.. 3 putting or more. I just couldn't focus and finish a hole. It was insane, especially it was a beautiful day, 70, sunny, no wind.. and I was puring every shot .. drove a 300 yd par 4 only to 3 putt from 20 feet. 9 was a 527 yd par 5 .. drove it to 215 right down the middle, uphill 2nd, nutted a 4 iron but came up short .. chip up to 5 feet, make par. 1st hole, nutted a drive on a 400 yd par 4 to 105 yds, wedge spun off the green, chipped up and made 5. one of those kind of days.

Just could not focus hearing these two players bitch and moan.. slam clubs all day long.. etc.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Just could not focus hearing these two players bitch and moan.. slam clubs all day long.. etc.

If you have the option, NEVER play with those two again. I hate playing with miserable people.

If they were just your match for that night, blow it off, but try to NOT get out behind them. If the best league scores are in the 43 range, and you're nutting the ball as you imply, you should be betting them all! You might just play for free every week! Don't let a round with a few idiots keep you out. It seems like they are the problem, not you.

yeah I just could not focus. I was nutting the ball.. I think I hit every shot solid. Granted I never played the 9 before so I was unsure on a lot of club selections .. lots of hilly shots.. but by the time we got up to the green on each hole, I was so out of focus from these two.. then they would putt, go up, putt, putt.. and finish out..

and i'm still sitting there waiting to make my 5 foot par putt.. or 15 foot birdie or whatever after they've taken 3 and 4 to hole out.

I counted the "should've's" .. and if I was even in focus it would've been an even par round. but then again.. ah well.. I don't get agitated easily.. but I was just so out of focus there.

I drove 2 par 4's, parred one, bogeyed the other. lol. one was as 320 yd hole downhill, right to left, carry 280 over a creek, missed in a miserable spot right. Chipped to 15 feet. still made bogey. lol.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

I have been there before. I find myself playing faster than I should on certain shots just to try and get the group moving. Some people just don't care how much time they are taking. It is miserable to have a 15 foot birdie putt that is makeable, only to have to watch two other guys hit 6-7 putts combined before you even get the chance. At that point all I want to do is hit two quick putts and move on. I feel guilty taking anymore time because we have already been on the green too long.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I had a round like that in a High School tournament once. The front 9 was slow, not as bad as yours, but slow nonetheless. We get the the 10th tee which has a tee shot over a revene (maybe 30 or 40 yards to cross it)... he put 7 balls into the revene... If you've ever witnessed someone taking a 20 on a hole before... you're missing out.

I am forced to play with someone this weekend that has only ever played 1x in his life. How do I know its going to be bad? I played with him that 1 other time and it was miserable.

Its really really irritating. I would just assume not play but I don't have much choice, unfortunately, it is a family obligation.

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!