Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fat Slice

Nickent 3DX 4DX and 5DX differences?

5 posts in this topic

I play a 4DX (S) 4-hybrid. It's a great club for me. I got another set of clubs that incuded 3 and 4 (also stiff) 3DX hybrids. I took out the 3 yesterday and the shaft was like a noodle compared to the 4DX. Stiff? Not a chance! I could not hit it, period.

So, then, what's up with the 5DX? Anyone moved from a 4DX to a 5DX? Shaft differences?

i honestly cant tell you ANYTHING about the shaft differences between the 4DX and the 5DX, but I can tell you the 5DX is the absolute BEST hybrid i have ever hit by far. its the longest, straightest, most forgiving hybrid and its almost like cheating. this thing will be in my bag for a loooong time. hopefully someone else can tell you about the shaft differences though

on a side note though, i have played both the regular flex and the stiff flex in the 5DX hybrids and the regular flex shaft is actually pretty stiff for a reg flex shaft. definitely not a whippy reg flex. and the stiff is DEFINITELY not a whippy stiff

I played the 3DX and now the 4DX and think they are really excellent clubs. Positively not hook machines.

Play both with the Nippon steel FW shaft (about 1/2" shorter than the graphite). Uniflex (stiiff/firm). Absolute weapons

I played the 3DX and now the 4DX and think they are really excellent clubs. Positively not hook machines.

Hmm...I never thought about a steel shaft in a hybrid, but...why not?

Hmm...I never thought about a steel shaft in a hybrid, but...why not?

i had a Callaway FT Fusion hybrid with the stock Rifle steel shaft in it. i liked it.