IGNORED

Help Me Identify an Atlanta area course

Note: This thread is 5604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I'm trying to keep an accurate list of all courses I've played. However, I have one in the Atlanta Area I cannot remember the name of. Its a decent drive from downtown, I think north-ish but I don't exactly remember.

Clue #1 : First hole is downhill, and you cannot see the fairway from the tee. They have a video screen so you can see when the group in front is clear.

I'll try to remember more about it and post.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

A dropoff that severe sounds like it might be the first at Bradshaw Farm. Was the clubhouse a big red barn?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Not Bradshaw, the clubhouse was fairly modern from what I remember. Looking at the website, I wish I had played that course while i was down there...

thanks for the guess!
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Let's see if you can answer these questions.
  • How long ago did you play this course (what year)?
  • Was it a residential or non-residential course?
  • Would you describe it as a more of a parkland, woodland, or mountain course?
  • 18, 27, or 36+ holes at this facility?
  • Do you remember the name of the closest town?
  • What was the most memorable par 3?

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Let's see if you can answer these questions.

I'll do my best. The memory is very foggy.

*I played this course 2-3 years ago ('06 or '07) *It was Non-residential (didn't wind through a neighborhood) *It was a moderately hilly course (some holes very hilly) cut through pine forests. Small Ponds and Wetlands were scattered through the course. *18 I believe but I can't be sure... I played 18 *Nope... Wish I did. We got lost looking for it, and it was a decent drive from Decatur. *I can't remember any of them very well, but I'm pretty sure #2 is a par 3. Price range would be moderate (60-100 dollars) I'm also almost positive it had a decent sized driving range next to the clubhouse. I wish I were more helpful, but the video camera was my best lead.

Pretty sure I did not. I think I went up 400.

Here is a list of courses it is NOT

Mystery Valley
Stone Mountain (lake or stone)
Southland
Cherokee run
Bobby Jones
Lake Spivey
Tup holmes
Browns Mill
Cross Creek
Sugar Creek
Chaley Yates

Up 400... hmmm

Just spitballing here.. haven't played any of them but..

Crooked Creek
Country Club of the South
Rivermont
Windermere
Horshoe Bend

The second hole isn't a par 3, but everything else about the course you mention seems to point to RiverPines. Maybe White Columns, though I'm pretty sure that course went private before you say you played it.

The second hole isn't a par 3, but everything else about the course you mention seems to point to

I THINK THATS IT! River Pines! I just checked it out on google earth and I'm almost certain that was the course. I remember the hard dogleg left on #9 and the lone pine on the right for # 10, and looking for Old Alabama road forever. Have you played it? I gotta call them to see about the video camera!

Thanks... I thought I had lost the course forever...

I THINK THATS IT! River Pines! I just checked it out on google earth and I'm almost certain that was the course. I remember the hard dogleg left on #9 and the lone pine on the right for # 10, and looking for Old Alabama road forever. Have you played it? I gotta call them to see about the video camera!

Oddly enough, I've practiced there a lot on their range and pitch-and-putt, but I've never actually played the course.

Note: This thread is 5604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!