IGNORED

Driver Tee Height

Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With my high lofted driver a high teed ball will balloon. I tend to tee it up so that maybe 1/4 of the ball is above the face of the driver.

HB

G10 Draw 13.5* 44 " Driver
K15 7 Wood
G10 28* 5 Hybrid
G10 orange dot 6I -PW
Tour W 56* SW 1/2 Craz-e i series putter 4 Under Stand Bag

I have been trying to figure out how high to tee the ball up.. I have been messing around with it and between trying to figure out my swing again and my tee height, I haven't figured anything out yet...

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

I think everybody's different! I trying different heights myself right now. I had been teeing up a little too high. For me I think just a little of the golf ball above the top of the driver seems to work great. It doesn't look like the ball flight is high enough, but I'm getting better distance with this height.

I tee it up a half inch above the height of the ball on the ground and I lean the tee slightly in the direction of my intended line.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I tee it up to where maybe a 1/4 of the ball is showing over the top of the driver. Wind behind me i tee it up higher to get the ball going with the wind. Some head wind its teed lower to power through it.

I tee it up just so the top of the ball is even with the top of the face of my driver.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I was out at the range earlier and when I tee'd it up with the ball completely above the driver I was getting much better drives. about 250 with a 5-10yd fade. But a couple times I hit it off the crown and it would go 100yds straight up lol.

When I tee'd it up with half the ball above the driver I would get probably 200yds with a 50yd slice.

Is it just the taller tee is reducing my tendency to come over the top or is something else going on? Also how do I know if my ball flight is too high? Im using a 10.5 degree driver.

I was hitting off mat's and really couldnt find the correct tee. Next time I'm going I will hit from the grass so I can try and find a happy medium.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

I used to tee the ball really high and use the xlarge brush tee. This worked great until I changed my driver to a TM Burner. I've noticed that I tee it lower witht this driver (also noticed a trend of TM driver players teeing it a bit lower).

With the TM, I tee it up with about 1/3 of the ball above the top of the driver.

If I want to hit a high strong fade with the driver, I'll tee it higher and place the ball further forward in my stance.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I put my tee ball height, so set a ball next to my tee thats how high it is. this is for strait penetrating shots.

If I am hitting a draw or fade add about 1/2 an inch in height. If I want a low shot I change my stance not my ball height.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

If I want to hit the ball straight off the tee, I tee it up high. If I want to play a draw with roll, I tee it up low. Simple as that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!