IGNORED

What is an old Ping Anser worth?

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My dad showed me a new purchase yesterday. At the local Goodwill, he found a Ping Anser manganese bronze putter. The cool thing is it has the original sticker on the grip that says something like: DO NOT REMOVE UNTIL SOLD.........the grip has some small cracks in it. It must be from the 60's or early 70's and by the look of the sticker, I would say it has never been used.

What do you guys think it is worth?

He paid $4.

It's all about finding the right buyer. For something like that I'd save it for at least another generation.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

What do you guys think it is worth?

You would need to let us know EXACTLY what writing is in the casting on the back. Every word of it and the positioning of those words. A photo, perhaps? It might well be a valuable putter.

Have a look here: http://www.pongman.com/archives/putters/scottsdale.html

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Contact Ping with the markings on the putter and have them tell you exactly when it was made. At any rate, I would never sell it. Nice thing to keep if you ask me.

I also have an old anser manganese bronze, too. Actually the first putter i ever owned. Youre probably not going to get more than 100 bucks for it, even in pristine condition. Its not worth getting rid of for that price.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

He got a great buy on the putter, but I don't think that it is anything special. If it was from the first run of that model back when Ping started, maybe. Definitely a putter from a different time, but I don't think it will command big bucks. I have an Anser 3 made of the magnesium bronze and it is nothing special. Great putter, but not really a collectible.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Have a look here:

That's a great link!

Are there pictures on that site? It looks like their should be, but this is the second computer I used to look there, and no photo's are showing.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it was manufactured in Phoenix so its just a regular old Anser. Great Putter though. The only ones that fetch alot of money are the Scottsdale additions. I would say you may get $40-$45 from the right person, but if it were me i would keep it.

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

From the looks of the grip and the imprinting on it, it won't be worth too much. The font and imprinting looks exactly like the Anser 3 that I have from the early 90's. Just a regular putter. As 'scrapeotheclown' mentioned, someone might have interest, but not as a collectable. Still a great buy though.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!