IGNORED

Is this the new me or am I in a groove?

denver_nuggs_15
Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing some really good golf lately. I've been shooting low 80s to mid 80s pretty consistently for a couple weeks now (I did shoot 45 though not long ago). It feels great that I'm getting better. But, today (for no reason actually) I thought maybe I'm only in a groove and this isn't the "new me".

Is there any way to tell? Am I just "on", or have I actually improved for the long haul? I'm just worried it may end. Thanks in advance.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

hate to burst your bubble, but dont get used to it, lol. tomorrow you might go out and shoot 90. its golf man, anything can happen. i just shot an 88 a little over a week ago. i havent shot a round that high in MONTHS! it sucks, but it happens

Is there any way to tell? Am I just "on", or have I actually improved for the long haul? I'm just worried it may end. Thanks in advance.

Don't worry about it ending, but don't count on it to last. Just enjoy the ride. (you may want to up the bets for a while)

It's the new you.... you did it!

If you do it once you can do it again !

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its hard to tell if its a groove or its the new you but its good to think it is the new you to get your confidence up.

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

well, it's hard to say. If you're playing well, enjoy it. But most everyone, especially those who shoot in the 80's have bad days. I've had a rough year but I shot 77 today with much room to have shot lower. Groove? maybe. But I think I'll have more rounds in the 70's in the near future. It's golf. Have fun.

I've been playing some really good golf lately. I've been shooting low 80s to mid 80s pretty consistently for a couple weeks now (I did shoot 45 though not long ago). It feels great that I'm getting better. But, today (for no reason actually) I thought maybe I'm only in a groove and this isn't the "new me".

Stop that RIGHT now - enjoy it. Cheers

It is the new you! Once you know that you can shoot a low score it is much easier to do it again. I'm a 13 handicap who broke 80 for the first time this January. It took me 4 months to do it again but I shot 78, 79 back to back this month!!

The bad thing is that now you will get mad at yourself for shooting in the high 80's.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Sounds like you reached a new plateau. Next up, high 70's with an 89 thrown in every now and then to keep you humble.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Simply shooting "low to mid 80s" doesn't indicate anything - how you're doing it does.

Are you suddenly hitting more fairways? More GIRs? Fewer putts?

If you keep your stats it should be pretty clear where your improvement is coming from, and that should tell you if it's sustainable.

Simply shooting "low to mid 80s" doesn't indicate anything - how you're doing it does.

Good point. I'm actually finding the fairway a bit less than I have been in the past (I'm at about 43% for this year...not good, but my misses are just off the fairway [<5 yards]). Also, my big misses are in play. I'm also hitting more greens (40% this year vs. 25% last year). I've been striking my irons so much better since I had my first lesson of the year. I'm not putting any better than I have been (still averaging 36 PPR, but do have some more 1 putts for birdie). My chipping is better than last year, but other than that, my short game hasn't improved.

So it really comes down to my iron play through the first 25+/- rounds of the year. That's where my question should have been directed: are my irons here for good minus a few blowup rounds?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I judge new plateaus to be real if my swing holds up and the scores stay consistent under pressure. Have you scored low in any high pressure rounds? Have you gotten really nervous over the ball for any reason? If so, did your iron play hold up?
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I've been striking my irons so much better since I had my first lesson of the year.

Nothing is "here for good" unless you practice enough to maintain it, but I would say that improved iron play is a very good thing to hang your hat on.

So - yes, this might very well be the new you.

I judge new plateaus to be real if my swing holds up and the scores stay consistent under pressure. Have you scored low in any high pressure rounds? Have you gotten really nervous over the ball for any reason? If so, did your iron swing hold up?

I play for my school team, so I guess there's some pressure there. In my first 3 tourneys ever this year, I posted a 93 (I had a 9 on my first hole!), 86, then 83 in that order. When I'm not playing for my school, I'm usually playing for a small amount of money with some friends. So, I guess there's some pressure. And so far, it hasn't gotten to my swing...yet.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:

Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!