IGNORED

Hitting a movable obstruction (after it was moved)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My friend's tee shot lands a few yards behind the 150 stake that is removable. He pulls the stake and puts in on the ground and proceeds to skull his next shot into the stake and the ball deflects into the water. He asks me if I know what the ruling is since he hit a movable obstruction (that he already moved mind you). I told him that other than being stupid for not moving the obstruction out of the way, I had no clue. Thoughts?

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I told him that other than being stupid for not moving the obstruction out of the way......Thoughts?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! He's hitting four following his drop from the water hazard.

I'll bet he moves those movable obstructions a little further out of the line of play next time!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! He's hitting four following his drop from the water hazard.

What Dave said. Entitled to relief doesn't include stupdity!

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

My friend's tee shot lands a few yards behind the 150 stake that is removable. He pulls the stake and puts in on the ground and proceeds to skull his next shot into the stake and the ball deflects into the water. He asks me if I know what the ruling is since he hit a movable obstruction (that he already moved mind you). I told him that other than being stupid for not moving the obstruction out of the way, I had no clue. Thoughts?

Tell me this is not the same friend that was improving his lie in the bunker.

Tell me this is not the same friend that was improving his lie in the bunker.

No. Different friend. This one plays by the rules most of the time, although he does plan on rolling his ball tonight in league if his opponent does. I prefer to loose by the rules instead of winning with a guilty conscience.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!