IGNORED

My Gripe with Bias Drivers! (Phil)

ggNic
Note: This thread is 6538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After thoroughly enjoying this thread I will just say that I played golf with Phil in high school and he can hit any shot he wants with any club he wants so don't think for a second that he is somehow incapable of hitting a draw or fade with any club on command the majority of the time. Imagine competing every week against the best 144 people in the world at what you do for a living. One sometimes has to use every tool at one's disposal to succeed. Every player out there is subject to the same rules.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

where would you stop? Do you want to tell the pros not to put a 60deg wedge in their bags, because they should be able to hit a flop shot with a 56?
It's in nature of golf clubs, that each is designed to do a distintly different thing. Fade, draw, high, low, long, short or flat. You build your own set of 14 and you good to go. I don't have a problem with this at all - it's in the nature of the game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just for fun, have a tournament and set the up a list of equipment that can be used. Use the same driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putters, and golf ball. The players can have their clubs customized or fitted to their swing but the tools would be level. They choose their lofts for the driver, fairway woods, and hybrids. Let's see how the chips fall! An even playing field to find out who can really play the game. Would this be cool or what, kind of an exibition challenge.

In The Bag:Driver: Srixon W-403 9.5 StiffFwy: #4 V-Steel Graphite StiffIrons: Srixon I-403 3-PWWedges: Rac Satin 52,56,60Putter: Hawk Bettinardi Model 11 35"Ball: Srixon Z-URS

• Administrator
Just for fun, have a tournament and set the up a list of equipment that can be used. Use the same driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putters, and golf ball. The players can have their clubs customized or fitted to their swing but the tools would be level. They choose their lofts for the driver, fairway woods, and hybrids. Let's see how the chips fall! An even playing field to find out who can really play the game. Would this be cool or what, kind of an exibition challenge.

They can use the same thing, but change everything? Sounds like what we have now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just for fun, have a tournament and set the up a list of equipment that can be used. Use the same driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putters, and golf ball....

I don't think this will be fair competition. Similar discussions came up when PGA was thinking of introducing one ball for all. No matter how "generic" the ball or club is - it wll favor some players, since every swing is unique. It's a cool idea, but if you really think about it - it won't work...

Hypathetically now, This is how I would set it up so that no Brand gets left out. They could barter for which clubs they would provide for the challenge. Here is how it "could" go down. Everyone in the challenge would play clubs following these guidelines.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 425 - loft and shaft are the players choice
Fairway Woods: Callaway X-Series - loft and shaft are the players choice
Hybrids: Nickent 3DX - loft and shaft are the players choice
Irons: Ping G5 irons
Wedges: Cleveland CG 10 or 11
Putter: Odyssey XG Series
Ball: Titleist ProV1X

They would chose frome this list and be able to customize the lie angle of the clubs but that is all. Every vendor would have a part so no one would complain. I would actually travel and pay to watch an event. we would have to find someWhere to slide Nike into the mix though. They can have the Apparel section. FootJoy can have shoes. Anything else? What do you think?

In The Bag:Driver: Srixon W-403 9.5 StiffFwy: #4 V-Steel Graphite StiffIrons: Srixon I-403 3-PWWedges: Rac Satin 52,56,60Putter: Hawk Bettinardi Model 11 35"Ball: Srixon Z-URS

Driver: TaylorMade r7 425 - loft and shaft are the players choice

Nope, I'm not buying it. Whoever is currently using some of it would have advantage. Don't see what you really gain by doing it. It always be uneven, since some equipment favors one player over another. Why don't we put every Nascar driver in a Ford or a Formula 1 driver in a Ferrari? There are sports, where equipment does not matter and is not a part of the competition.

IMHO golf is not one of them.

Note: This thread is 6538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!