IGNORED

Tracking the storm

Mr3Putt
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you're like me when weather seems iffy, you like to track the weather patterns to see how wet you might get.

I've looked at lots of Doppler radar sites from the local news stations, the weather channel and similar sources.

I think that this one here is the best for my golf needs.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

I like it because it's a 4-600 mile range and it loops so you can see the pattern of any up coming rain. Although it's not "real time" it updates quite frequently so it's pretty close to real time. Also, the site loads fast.

The country is broken into 12 segments so you can bookmark the one that's most relevant for you. The segment linked above is the one I use. There is also a drop down menu on the left if you want a closer zoom.

Thought you might want to bookmark it for future use.

For iPhone users, the Weather Channel has a free weather app that shows radar maps with motion - super handy when you want to know if the shower that just started is going to pass in 10 minutes with the storm going to the south or if it's turned toward you and you'll be in the "red" part of the storm soon...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Mobile.weather.gov is one of my favorite sites for my phone. You can pull up the high-res radar loops (the same radar images as radar.weather.gov) on the go that way.

I have the local one bookmarked on my phone.

I also use mobile.oobgolf.com to track my score and other stats as I play the course. I'm generally the biggest geek on the course.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

That is the site I always use to check the weather for the day or days to come. The best thing is that since it is a government site there are no ads to deal with. I love how you can look at the broader areas and see what is coming and which way it is going, especially when you live in tornado alley.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

• Administrator
For iPhone users, the Weather Channel has a free weather app that shows radar maps with motion - super handy when you want to know if the shower that just started is going to pass in 10 minutes with the storm going to the south or if it's turned toward you and you'll be in the "red" part of the storm soon...

For the iPhone I prefer WeatherBug elite. I got it for $0.99.

I have the TWC app you mention too, but the forecasts are better in WBE and I like the radar a bit more too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just have to watch The Weather Channel before I leave the house. The employees in the pro shop will check the radar on the computer if I need them to at the turn.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!