IGNORED

Irons for 15-20 Handicapper with thin top line?

Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i had a set of the Bridgestone GC Mids and they are GREAT irons. VERY forgiving (much more forgiving than the Nike SC's), and they have a nice thin top line like you want. plus, you can get them for under $200 on Ebay now. cost-wise, i think those are your best bet. plus they come with Nippon shafts. they are often overlooked when looking for this type of iron.

• 1 month later...
I'm in the market for some new irons as well. I've been playing Callaway X-14s for about 10 years (and have loved them) and was thinking about the X-22s.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

• 12 years later...

I would recommend the Taylormade Tour Preferred CB.  I've been playing them for 5 years and everything else Ive tried since just looks way to chunky on the top line.  I still cant find anything comparable without going to Mizuno mp57s or mp52s. 

Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!