IGNORED

hitting the driver lower

Note: This thread is 5434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys i need help hitting the driver lower

i have an Adamsgolf Insight 10.5 loft

i know thats a high loft but i need help hitting it lower. I have tried putting the ball back in my stance and that doesnt really help... and i have tried putting my hand in front of the ball but when i do that i doesnt seem like i am as consistant.

anyone got anything good?

BAG:Nike ExtremeSport 2
DRIVERTaylormade R11
WOODAdamsgolf Insight
IRONSMizuno MX-100's
WEDGEPing 60 & Mizuno MP R Series 56 PUTTERSeemore FGPLOWEST 9:36LOWEST18:74

first solution would be getting a different loft driver but other than that maybe try teeing up the ball lower or closing the club face just a tad bit.

hope this helps

Teeing the ball lower would be a good start. In addition, try following through a bit lower. As a general rule of thumb, you should always make the same follow through as the trajectory you are trying to achieve (i.e. high shot= high hands in the follow through)

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

hey guys i need help hitting the driver lower

Tiger is now using a 10 degree driver. The shaft of the driver has an awful lot to do with it. If it's a stock driver it most probably has a low kickpoint shaft (which helps get the ball airborne)....Mid Kickpoint will lead to lower ball flight...High Kickpoint even lower...but a high kickpoint shaft requires above average swing speed and ability (Not saying you don't have that at a 12 hcap)

So maybe look into getting it reshafted with a mid or high kick point shaft. Or buy a new driver after some serious testing of a bunch of them at a launch monitor.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Moving the ball back in the stance a bit is a good start, but don't get it too far, or all sorts of bad things can happen.....

Second, most people tend to set up with their trailing shoulder (right side for righties) a bit lower to promote an upward strike on the tee ball. If you do, set up with your shoulders more parallel to the ground to promote a flatter clubhead track through impact. Teeing the ball a bit lower will help as well.

Hope that helps.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Make sure your left wrist is flat at impact. If you cup it at all, this will lead to a higher trajectory. I battled with this for years and have recently begun to conquer the problem. Of course, if you end up needing more traj for some reason, cup the left wrist and you'll get your higher drive. This is advice that Ben Hogan gave Larry Nelson years ago to help him win the PGA Championship in 1987. I think that was the tourney.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Tee it low like half an inch. After playing around with my tee height for the past few weeks. I can now hit the driver off the deck fairly decent. This reduces a lot of the side spin for me.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 5434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!