IGNORED

What's harder to do?? A Hole in One or...

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is harder to do?

• Hitting a Hole in One on a Par 3
    • Shooting a round of golf under par

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would mean that some 75% of all players will never shoot under par. Yet a fair number of those players will make at least one ace in their lives, and many will make more than one.

And this is based on what? Because of the stats that I have seen only about 20% of ALL players ever get a hole in one.

BTW - Had this question been, what requires less skill? I would have said hole-in-one. But if you asked the best players in the world what is easier getting a hole in one or shooting under par, they would laugh. IF geting a hole in one was easy, they would be as common as birdies. Just because anyone can theoretically do something doesn't necessarily make it "easy" to do. Easy suggests repeatable.

And this is based on what? Because of the stats that I have seen only about 20% of ALL players ever get a hole in one.

Geez, I thought this was over. What stats? You keep talking about numbers and statistics that you have, but they all seem to be pulled out of nowhere. As Erik previously pointed out... based on your simple equation for an average golfer being able to shoot under par (.5)^71 = 4.235164736271502e-22, I can assure you this is a much smaller number than a 1 in 15,000 chance of scoring a hole in one. IF this was actually a viable mathematical equation (which it is not for the simple fact that you cannot simplify the overwhelming amount of variables involved in playing golf, AND there is NO variable that can mathematically calculate luck), then "by the numbers" your stance would be in fact all but empirically disproven. And, by the way, if you asked a group of the best players in the world that question, I dare say that they would admit that for the majority of amateurs (and therefore the majority of players in the world), they have a better shot of a hole in one. Because they (the best players on the world) of all people know what it takes to do what they do and make it look so easy. The fact is, it is not.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

As Erik previously pointed out... based on your simple equation for an average golfer being able to shoot under par (.5)^71 = 4.235164736271502e-22, I can assure you this is a much smaller number than a 1 in 15,000 chance of scoring a hole in one.

Not that I care much anymore, but I said "lower" number, as in 1 is lower than 3, just like .000000001 is lower than .01. And no I did not make up the equation its basic probability, but I did make up the % of good shots vs. bad shots for a 20 handicap. I don't know if its 50% or 10% or 60%, but it doesn't matter much.

Its comical to me that people can't even understand when we are in agreement.

Welp.... 'bout time for me to be hittin' the ol' dusty trail......

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Note: This thread is 5468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!