IGNORED

Which discontinued balls do you miss the most? which do you use now?

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Four years ago when I started playing golf, I picked up very old balls (Balata types) and used it.   It took me a while to figure out that the balls went about 15 - 20 yards short on drive.  But the balls stick like glue around green.  Still, I will take newer, cheaper balls any day over those old ones.   I.e, I don't miss them at all.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Maxfli Revolution, was as good or better than Pro VI.

It was a ball I liked, and played a LOT back in the late 80's, but it wasn't even close to the ProV1.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I sort of missed the seam on the Pro V1 when they went seamless. I used it to mark a line around my ball for putting, and even had a theory that the putter face impacting the seam was more consistent than impacting a random dimple.

Pretty sure (but not 100%) that my theory was BS because I roll the ball better now than I did back then.

But every now and then when I miss one that didn't look like it came off of the putter right it crosses my mind.

Srixon Ad333. The Qstar is not the same in my opinion. Ad333 releases better near the green

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!