IGNORED

Decide where I golf tomorrow.

Iowa Hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which one?

• Countryside
    • Blank
    • Grandview
    • Otter Creek
    • Waveland

Can't decide, so I'll let TST pick. The sites suck, though. Feel free to say why you would go to a particular course.

Countryside
http://www.countrysideiowa.com/thecourse.htm

Blank
http://www.blankgolfcourse.com/html/rates.html

Grandview
http://www.golfgrandviewgc.com/

Otter Creek
http://www.ankenyiowa.gov/index.aspx?page=72

Waveland
http://www.golfwavelandgc.com/

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

They all look pretty cool. I'm not going to make the choice because the web site's don't show you much.

But, in all seriousness, golf courses out by you are really, really cheap. I don't know if they are as nice as some of the courses I play, but certainly a hell of a lot less expensive.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Yeah, I know they don't say much but I need votes to give me direction lol

5 Wood
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Friend of mine went to Drake and always talked about playing Waveland.
Go play it and tell us what you think.

I am into the old school courses at the moment.
Also like a course that isn't too flat.
Cute coed cart girl for the tip in :)

Lot's of rain in the forecast for the midwest. Bring your rain gear.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Who names a golf course blank?

Normally I'd say go with the most picturesque of the bunch but in this case I'm going to say Otter Creek because their logo is cool. Pick me up a hat with their logo on it.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Lol it's named after a guy named Blank. A.H. Blank Golf Course, next to the Blank Park Zoo.

5 Wood
52*

Friend of mine went to Drake and always talked about playing Waveland.

Play there sometimes, just can't decide which one to go to tomorrow.

5 Wood
52*

Looks like that is someone's name, A.H. Blank.

I wonder what it would be like to get a check from him ?

Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

They all looked really nice but I voted Countryside.

According to the Countryside website:

1. Countryside Golf Course is known for the best greens in the Des Moines and surrounding area.

Good greens win every time for me. Nothing worse than a course with good fairways and shoddy greens.

2. The front 9 holes have water hazards on 6 of those holes.

Water always makes for pretty golf holes and a good challenge.

3. Women like our golf course because you can walk the course.

I'm not sure what walking has to do with women liking a golf course (Do women not like driving carts? Or do they just really like walking), but anyway there may be lots of women there and women are nice.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I voted for Otter Creek. Countryside sounds like...well boring, no trees......Blank, can't get much more boring. Grandview, I know of 3 Grandview's, all short track (6200yds) courses built on flat pieces of land. Waveland, sounds too high tech. Otter Creek sounds like a golf course. Well, who am I to judge, I didn't go to the links to check them out. Hittem long and straight, and have fun wherever you decide to play.

BrianB
(plays at a course called...the 500 Club)

What's in the Titleist  carry bag:
Driver: Titleist 910 D2,  Motore Speeder VC 6.0 shaft, 1" long, set to A1
Fairway Wood: Titleist 910 F, set to B4 Hybrid: Titleist 910 H, set to B4
Irons: Titleist AP2 710 4-9  Project X shafts  Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4 46deg, C-C 50, 54, & 60deg.
Putter: Scotty Cameron NewPort 2.5 Glove: Titleist Ball: Titleist ProV1x  RangeFinder: Bushnell V2

Towel: Players Towel   Eyewear: SunDog H EVO  On Twitter -- @BrianBrown13

3. Women like our golf course because you can walk the course.

Not to stray off post, but when I do see woman playing they are almost always walking, now that I think about it.

Certainly the older woman. It's more of a social event/ gab session that it is about playing the game and getting a good score. I'm sure we all have a story about getting stuck behind a four-some. Perhaps we can start a new post/Rant about this

Not to stray off post, but when I do see woman playing they are almost walking,

Almost, eh...?

5 Wood
52*

Well, I look forward to getting up in the morning and seeing what this thread brings, lol

5 Wood
52*

I picked C.

I learned that if you have no clue as to what the correct multiple choice answer is you should always pick C.

Hope that helps!

OOOH OOOH! I vote Grandview, because I golfed there once and I like it.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Well, I got convinced to go to Courntryside. The greens were small and not very good. Fairways were uneven and full of overgrown divots. The yardages on every sign were at least 20 yards off, based off of both of our club distances. Oh well, glad I went once so I can scratch it off of my list of places to play.

5 Wood
52*

I picked Otter Creek (in Iowa I think it's Otter Crick, hahahaha) because it had the weirdest name. If you golf poorly you can say, "Hey, I was at Otter Crick." Where? they'll ask. "Otter Crick ..." ooooohhhhhhhh and you're all good.

Enjoy!!!
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!