IGNORED

shortest you've hit a club and longest you've hit a club

trackster
Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Say both are good hits and full swings (not 5 yard grass burners on the shortest, and chips and pitches obviously don't count). Since I only play with 5 clubs mine are easy to remember .

3 wood -> 165 (shortest), 280 ( longest)
3 iron -> 135 , 200
6 iron -> 115, 205 ( I use this club way more than my 3 iron)
9 iron -> 80, 145

I have no idea what my lengths are, but I was in a similar situation as you. I could take out my 3, 6, or 9 and they would all have the potential to go about the same distance 125 - 175 range. The problem was definitely my swing. I was changing the angle of the club head so they were hitting the ball all about the same. Now that I am taking lessons and letting the club do the work is has been a great improvement.

On a really windy day I have hit a 7 iron 110 (usually my 165-170 club), and then downwind I hit it around 220. Driver the same way.. into a gale, 220, downwind almost 400.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Driver:

longest (with some wind and terrain boosts): 370 yards.

shortest: -50 yards.

On the short one, I just creamed a drive straight into the most solid branch ever... the ball just came flying straight back and ended up abotu 50 yards almost straight behind the teebox. The ball probably traveled almost 200 yards round trip. I couldn't help but bust out in laughter.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Driver:

I may have you beat on the shortest driver hit - you have me on total negative yards, but mine is without the assistance of any obstacle knocking my ball backwards -

I was outside of Tahoe on a bachelor party pretty hungover from the night before - step up on the first tee, with the starter watching us closely because we had convinced him to let us out as a fivesome - the pressure is on, and I take a hack with my driver, cut completely under the ball catching just about the bottom 1% of it - it went about 2 feet in the air, landed right by my feet and spun back about 10 yards just off the tee box - it really was probably the true 1 in a million shot I will ever hit. needless to say the other 4 still half drunk people in my group fell down around the tee box like a grenade went off laughing to the point of tears.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Last year on hole nine at my towns golf course i smoked one right into the sign that tells u the hole lay out and yardages. The ball flew back atleast a 100 yards onto the 10th fairway.:P

When I first started I pushed amost straight right. Mix that with a slice and you get a backwards ball.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Into a wind one time i use a 3wood on a 210 yard par 3 and didnt even make the green. the ball probably only flew in the air about 160. Just the other day, i think i found the true meaning of a "flyer" was and ended up hitting a 9 iron 180 yards from medium rough. Some 50 yards past what i was aiming at... It was one of the most bizzare things that has ever happened to me on the golf course.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

170 yd par 3 into the wind and came up short with a well struck 3 wood. Same hole down wind and hit it over with a 9 iron. Weirdness

Say both are good hits and full swings (not 5 yard grass burners on the shortest, and chips and pitches obviously don't count). Since I only play with 5 clubs mine are easy to remember

You should really work on your putting, your a 36 handicap and you get that much distance.

Driver- 200-140 3w- 180-140 5w-170-130 3h-160-120 4h-155-120 5i-150-110 6i-140-100 7i-130-90 8-120-80 9i-110-70 PW-100-60 GW-85-50 60*-40-10 I don't get very much distance at all. These are generalizations BTW. I have no honest clue.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!