IGNORED

i feel like giving up, i can't even hit the ball

Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't worry man. I know how you feel because I've felt it before. I've never actually felt like quitting i guess but I've played so bad that I feel like I'll never get any better. It's ugly, but I've persevered and gotten better and if you keep at it, you will too. It just takes some time.

Connecticut backyard golf suuuucks. You have to fluff your lie or you will make yourself mental. You never know how the ball might come out. And I'll tell you right now:: You picked the worst season in years to start playing. Everyone in ct is struggling, most of the course conditions are terrible. In wetness like this, all of your mistakes are amplified. A great swing could bring a bad result. You already spent money, too..Everyone hates this game from time to time. forgot where you said you were in ct, if your near new haven, let me know.....

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

Connecticut backyard golf suuuucks. You have to fluff your lie or you will make yourself mental. You never know how the ball might come out. And I'll tell you right now:: You picked the

I am about 45 minutes from New Haven

, I am in the New London area

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Next time you go to the range or anything, just swing the club, don't think about it, just swing the club. That is the most important part I think. Overthinking the game my biggest flaw. I got pretty down when I was starting out (and still do on occasion), but if I didn't practice for a couple days, I came back and found that the rest actually did a little good. Getting frustrated is natural, and it only gets worse if you let it.

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

every shot i take is either fat or thin, i been trying everything. I've taken numerous gouges out of my lawn, deck, etc and now my 8 iron is messed up. I just can't hit the ball right, i know i have only been playing for about 4 weeks but its really frustrating. I dont know if this is the right sport for me, i feel like i should give up before it is too late and i pour all my soul, time and money into this.

I've been playing for over a year and am still struggling to find my groove. I have range sessions where I can do no wrong, then I have sessions where I can't get the ball in the air. The best you can do as a beginner is focus on the fundamentals, seeing a pro will help you in this area.

As a beginner I recommend you start off by working on your ball striking with your wedges and short irons before moving to your long clubs and driver, keep practicing until you can hit pure shots (I recommend using contact tape to see where you're hitting on the club face). I would also only work on a 3/4 swing, focusing on tempo and not trying to murder the ball (I still fight this urge, especially when my practice session is not going well). Just keep at it, and be realistic about your results. Remember, just hitting one pure shot more than your last session is progress (don't focus on the mishits). *reminds self to reread this post next time he wants to quit*

Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!