IGNORED

Golf Games

allin
Note: This thread is 6511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently played golf with a new foursome. We played "Captain". You rotate the order of play and the last player is "Captain". After the first person tees off the captain takes that person as partner or can wait for the next player. If he doesn't choose that player he can wait for the third. If he doesn't want that person he can play alone against everyone else. Once you pass on a player you cannot go back to him that hole. It is all skins, there is a point for low score as a team and a point for best individual score each hole. Ties carry over. So everyone puts a quarter every hole towards each point, 50 cents a hole total. Doesn't cost much and adds a little spice. We played straight up since there isn't a huge difference in our handicaps.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Yes I know that same game as Wolf too, it's a great game. Me and my buddies play it almost everytime we go out. Typically we'll just asign a .25 cent value to each point, makes for low stakes fun. It's usually the fun of the competition, not winning 1.25 or so anyway.

We also put a $2 snake out each time we play. For those unfamiliar a player gets the snake after a 3 putt and keeps it until someone else 3 putts, the player with the snake after 18 owes each member of the group the assigned value of the snake. You wouldn't believe how many short putts on 18 are missed because of that damn snake!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Another great game you guys might try is what we called roll-em when I was a kid. Best with 4 players in teams of two. Assign and point value and be careful because it adds up! There are points for the following:

double-eagle
eagle
birdie
proxy (closest to hole if GIR)
low-ball
low-total
sandie
barkie (optional but means par or better made after hitting a tree)

Decide your order on the first tee as any other team bet. After first team (or person if not playing teams) hits, the other has the option to "roll" which doubles the point value for the hole. The first team has the option to "re-roll" after the second team hits which quadruples the point value so you can see where this can get way out of hand I'd recommend bringing an extra scorecard as things can end up looking like an algebra equation but hands-down the most fun game I have ever played on the golf course. There is also something know as a "package" and this is where the two team agree to roll and re-roll a hole or series of holes up front. Have fun!

ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

One other thing I forgot to post about proxy is that it is waived if three or more putts.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 6511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!