IGNORED

natural ability = no idea about swing mechanics

Note: This thread is 6509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok so I will try to make this log appear as an honest take on my game, I started playing golf 2.5 years ago because my mom bought me a set of irons because she felt golf was a good business game (she bought them without my knowlegde as I was away in college). I had never even though of playing golf and suddenly I became addicted...

in 2.5 years I have blown through 3 sets of irons, couple drivers...etc etc etc

I am in no way a sweeper, I'm compared to stadler as I am 5'7 and 220lbs but very athletic... I think my swing is very steep, I take massive divots but don't hit shots heavy because I load the club pretty heavily... is this bad?

my divots are almost 6 inches long and close to 1/2inch deep... I just hit the ball, no idea if this is bad?

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I actually have a pretty nice ball flight, it tends to be a little lower... I can't really draw the ball but I have a really nice baby fade, only like a 3yd fade

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Count me in!! The way I started the Golf (just 5 days back) is by my neighbor signe me in for a Golf Tournament!! It sounds weird; I never before touched the Golf Club before. So I bought “Cougar X-Cat II 18-Piece Boxed Golf Set” for $90 from amazon to try few swings before go to Tournament. Lol.

In the first day, I was amazed along with my neighbor that I shot the #1 Driver around 300 yards and Pitching Wedge around 120 yards. There you go, I’m in the game. My swing connects with ball, but it hooks several times, few straight. I hope I can learn to build up the game better.

Regards,

-Aru

hey by the way... that blog is a really cool idea... how did you start that up? Was it free?

Dan

Daniel Duarte

oh and by the way, to give you a grab on scores... I am a consistent 78-81...so I am doing something right.. right?

Daniel Duarte

without a doubt, I want to be as good as I possibly can... I have only played for 2.5 years and have never taken a lesson... problems are distance off tee (I only average around 250-260) and the short game (I have problems with distance and wedges)

but my ball striking is pretty solid and I can roll the ball...

Daniel Duarte

without a doubt, I want to be as good as I possibly can... I have only played for 2.5 years and have never taken a lesson... problems are distance off tee (I only average around 250-260) and the short game (I have problems with distance and wedges)

If you average 250 off the tee you are doing well. Don't think that you need tons more distance to help you score well. If you can hit your short irons and wedges well with that kind of distance you'll be something else.

You might benefit from getting a driver shaft and head that complements your swing and tempo... you could squeeze a few yards out of that. Probably the best way to gain distance is by getting lessons. We lose power through compensations and unnecessary movement. Its back to the short game again.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

my biggest problem is since I am progressing so quickly I have issues with distance control because as I build more and more confidence I can go from a 7 iron from 155 to 165 the next round... its really strange

lately I have been absolutely killing my irons, I used to be the standard soft 7 from 150 and now I have to hit a weak 8 to get to 150... so its confusing because these changes are happening almost from round to round...

Daniel Duarte

I'm in the same boat as far as irons. Mine vary each time I play though. I'll be hitting a 7 @ 150yds, and my next shot it'll be an 8 iron over the back of the green from 155 out.

I think i've finally figured out some key mental swing prep that works for me though, and I plan on incorporating that into every shot I hit.

Amazingly enough, the most important ideas about my swing that I use came from a teaching professional. They are able to see the deficiencies and inefficiencies in your swing and present you with ways to overcome them.

I think I'll be heading back for a 3rd lesson in a few weeks after i groove my swing some more.

its motovation to joing a club later on in life, the muni's are killing my game

Daniel Duarte

you are lucky man... I've never taken a lesson because golf pro's charge so much for an hour lessons, just out of my price range as I have spent a lot of money lately on clubs

Daniel Duarte

Note: This thread is 6509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!