IGNORED

Question about Leupold GX-I Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the GX-I uses the CR-2 Lithium battery. is this a rechargable battery? or do you use it only once until it dies and then get a new one?

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

Pretty sure you just use it until it dies. I don't have that rangefinder but a similar one that uses a smaller battery (think AA cut in half). I use it in the summer and my friend uses it in the fall and spring for hunting. In the 2+ years I have used it I don't think we have changed the battery. It will last quite a while.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

ya, i did a little research and discovered that the batteries are just a one time use and then when it dies you throw it away. the battery is supposed to last for 2000 ranges so i dont think ill need to be changing the battery too often. plus, walmart sells cr-2 lithium batteries for like $6, so ill just pick up a few extras just in case.

i think im sold on leupold...

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

• Administrator
ya, i did a little research and discovered that the batteries are just a one time use and then when it dies you throw it away. the battery is supposed to last for 2000 ranges so i dont think ill need to be changing the battery too often. plus, walmart sells cr-2 lithium batteries for like $6, so ill just pick up a few extras just in case.

Yeah, mine still hasn't died for the first time.

I should go pick one up, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

These devices aren't really big energy suckers. I use mine constantly and the battery just goes and goes.....Plus, the batteries are so small it makes no sense not to carry a spare.

Not sure how the Leupold lets you know it's dying, but my Bushnell will start flashing the LOW BATTERY ( LOB ) warning for at least 3 rounds before it really dies. With the spare battery on board, you can confidently let it flash until it's totally dead.

I don't think I would want one if these if you had to take it from your bag to recharge it in at night.

I don't think I would want one if these if you had to take it from your bag to recharge it in at night.

very true statement. but all is well when i just pick up and extra battery and throw it in my bag

In My Ozone Stand Bag:

I am actually debating switching from my Skycaddie to this range finder. Some of it has to do with the recharging you speak of...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!