IGNORED

Pebble Beach

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Darn.  Today at Pebble Beach, it rained for more than 1/2 of round, and was very windy throughout.   I played from white tee but wind made it much longer. Decided to go with caddy service for myself.  I am not sure if it was absolutely needed other than 1 or 2 holes (blind shots that can get you into trouble).   Greens were aerated and played very slow,   It probably cost me a few strokes.  One thing about the greens, they were consistently small.   I had 0 GIRs.   The view ... absolutely gorgeous even without sun. The view alone made the trip (and $$$) worthwhile.  The course design was superb with every hole having its own unique character.   Service was awesome.  Considering steady & cold rain, strong wind, aeration, no warm up (arrive too late), I did OK (only 2 points over my handicap).    If you are in the neighborhood and can afford it, play it.  It's worth it.

It's not really about the score, but rather the experience! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I have just come back from a trip to the Masters followed by a week at Pebble Beach. Two Heavens.

The Masters was awesome - like a dream really. And the course is so BIG!! Great to see the front (sorry, First) Nine in the flesh. Loved the sequence from 3 to 7 and while it was hot not too bad as you could refresh very cheaply at the Concessions for $1.50 Lemon/Lime Drink. The new Driving Range would put most courses to shame and I loved it when a security guard asked a guy to take his feet off the seat in front or "I will ask you to leave the property, sir". Pity Phil missed the cut unfortunately. I think too many of the past winners weaken the field - they should increase the number of players to make it more combative. the Retail Store was doing a Million bucks a minute but all fair prices.

Pebble Beach - I had to pinch myself every hole. Holes 4 to 10 are sublime. Scored par on 7 thank you. But not 8 which is a very hard hole!! Easily go around again but at the price not likely.

Had very enjoyable rounds at Spyglass, Bayonet and Blackhorse, and Pasatiempo which is the funnest course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!