IGNORED

Speaking of STATS - anyone use . . .

Note: This thread is 6491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all -

new here, was reading over the Stats page. Got me searching on the web.

Anyone use or have used Intelligolf? ( www.intelligolf.com )

It seems to do everything we'd want - putts, ability to say wether shots were left, right, short long. Up and downs, sand saves - all that stuff. I know it works on palpilots and pocket pcs - but I doubt I'll be using that on the course - just the score card, and using the desktop software later on and entering everything.

Seems to work great, but will know better once I enter more rounds.

If anyone has used it - anyone tried out the GPS function?

3-PW: PowerBilt Grandslam Cavity - OLD (14 yrs maybe.)
SW: Cleavland Clone 56
5w: PowerBilt Grandslam oversized
Putter : PGA ping style

Ok - I've got a few rounds entered in Intelligolf. WOndering if some of you better players can tell me.

Putts - On the PGA Tour - do they count putts from the fringe / off the green? Or are those still considered approach shots?

Example - say I'm off the green in the fringe - I make a 25 - 35 foot put and hole it. Would that count as 0 putts for the hole?

or

Say I put from the fringe - knock it close - then tap in. Would that technically be considered an up and down?

Here's the scorecard that program can spit out.

ScoreCard

also - here's Stats that program can spit out - this is taken from 3 rounds of 9 holes from the same executive course.

Stats Example

It also does this neat thing called dream Round - where it takes all rounds at a selected course into account and tells you what your best score would be if you took the lowest scores for each hole.

Dream Round Holiday Park Executive 9

• Administrator
Putts - On the PGA Tour - do they count putts from the fringe / off the green? Or are those still considered approach shots?

That's not a putt. It is however a "chip" or an attempt at an up-and-down.

Example - say I'm off the green in the fringe - I make a 25 - 35 foot put and hole it. Would that count as 0 putts for the hole?

Yep.

Say I put from the fringe - knock it close - then tap in. Would that technically be considered an up and down?

Yep.

It also does this neat thing called dream Round - where it takes all rounds at a selected course into account and tells you what your best score would be if you took the lowest scores for each hole.

My software does that too, but calls it low and high (it takes your high scores too) eclectic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thx for the response.

I'm finding there are a few options for software on pocketpc and palm - and most of those options have desktop software as well for your computer. Prett cool stuff. Also - about 5 programs out there that can utilize a bluetooth wireless GPS unit. (or any GPS unit you can plug into your PDA.)
My software does that too, but calls it low and high (it takes your high scores too) eclectic.

Your software going to be MAC only? Going to be able to sync / have sister software for handheld devices in the future?

Right now I'm quite enjoying this software - but loving screenshots of others I may try as well. Jon

when i use my putter from on the fringe, i always class it as a putt, should only need to use the putter twice max on a hole.

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

iacas has it all right , If it's on the green it's a putt otherwise it's just another shot.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• Administrator
Your software going to be MAC only? Going to be able to sync / have sister software for handheld devices in the future?

My software is desktop software. You keep track on a scorecard and enter your stats - five per hole - in about 30 seconds, total, after the round.

Currently Mac OS X only, but soon to be Windows too. Our definitions of "soon" may vary, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used intelligolf for a while but I'm also a mac user and got too irritated having to power up a windoze peecee POS to take advantage of it.

I'm writing my own software which will be available online soon, and free.

I used intelligolf for a while but I'm also a mac user and got too irritated having to power up a windoze peecee POS to take advantage of it.

Yeah - I think where intelligolf shines is on the pocketPC plactform - I think that's what it was developed for initially and the desktop softwrare was added after - who knows.

I use the nethandicap.com, its cheap 30 bucks for a usga handi instead of 50 at your club and it tracks all the same info, even makes charts and graphs which I find confusing but they look good

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Note: This thread is 6491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!