IGNORED

1st golf trip ever...and it's to Bandon Dunes!

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What a place to go for your first golf trip! I've been reading a bunch of posts and trying to make this trip the best if can possibly be. 4 or us are flying into Portland the second week of September. We're playing Pumpkin Ridge the day we fly in at 3pm. Get up real early the next day and then drive to Bandon for an afternoon round at Pacific Dunes. 36 the next day starting with Bandon Dunes in the am and Bandon Trails in the afternoon. We then finish off the trip with an 8am round at Bandon Crossings before heading back to Portland for the night.

I know the weather can vary, but I've read that Aug/Sept are the dryest months out there. Anyone been there in Sept? What can we expect?

Do you think I'll need a caddie for all 3 rounds on the Bandon Resort courses?

I hear the bars/restaurants close early at the resort. Any places in town that we should try?

Any other tips from those of you who have been there would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your responses and thanks!

Good stuff man! Sounds like a great trip... I haven't been to Bandon Dunes yet but two of my friends have, they both said it was just outstanding... They also said they think caddies are a must... $55 per bag plus tip, I would think it would be worth it to have someone guide you around the course... Have fun!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

This is where Im going for my bachelor party. I cant wait. I dont know if we are going to use caddies but Im definitely looking forward ot it. I would also appreciate anyones input. Although I am going in February.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

wow, after all that golf, are you going to even have any money to pay for the caddies? Those courses aren't cheap, and you are playing them all. Have a blast!

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!