IGNORED

GolfWits

Froaderick
Note: This thread is 6499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone here used the GolfWits scorekeeping software? ( http://www.golfwits.com )

The option to have it on a Palm or PocketPC sounds great. having the course layout right on your device while you play.

Just curious!

Thanks

In my bag:

King Cobra 9.5 Driver

Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood Zing2 3 to 9 irons, SW, PW, Putter Lob Wedge

• Administrator
Has anyone here used the GolfWits scorekeeping software? (

FWIW, I haven't ever seen anyone on a course using their Palm or PocketPC to keep score. Ever.

I have a system whereby I use a regular old scorecard, write down only five quick items per hole, and manage to turn that into all sorts of stats. Most golf stats packages seem to ask for either too much or too little information. Any software that asks what clubs I used on a hole is asking too much - it's information I'm not likely to care to keep track of or want to enter every time. Score Handicap Anti-Handicap Penalties Low Round High Round Low Eclectic High Eclectic GIR Fairway Hit Left Rough Right Rough GIR FWY Hit GIR Left Rough GIR Right Rough Total Putts First Putt Putts per GIR GIR First Putt Zero Putts One Putts Two Putts Three Putts Scrambing Up and Down UD First Putt Sand Save SS First Putt Fairway Hit Left Rough Right Rough GIR Hit Missed GIR Eagle or Better Birdies Pars Bogeys Doubles Triple or Worse

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a guy in our league that uses his Palm computer during the round. He just uses a spreadsheet that he developed and not Golfwits though. I think the way Golfwits charts your round on a course map is pretty interesting. I have consulted their course maps for reference before playing courses for the first time in Myrtle. It gives fairly minimal information, but you can get an idea about how to play the course.

I usually just track fairways hit, GIR, putts, and score, of course. That's generally enough for me.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I was pretty excited about golfwits when I first hit the site, but now, I'm not so hot on it. I do use their free eyardage book that you can printout, but I'd never buy their download products, and here's why. I've noticed that too many of their maps are off, or wrong completely. Bunkers not shown, water in the wrong spot, and worse yet, the map is not the right course at all. Now I wouldn't be so negative, but when I emailed them about a couse map being completely wrong, the response I got back was..can you send us the score card and course layout. OK, I did, and they still haven't fixed it online. I thought to myself...man, don't you have a research team that contacts all of the courses you map, make sure they're accurate, up to date etc..., or do you just ask folks to send you the info? So bottom line is that I'm not so certain what you get is worth the price. I mean it's reasobaly priced, but you should have confidence in the accuracy of the product.

The Angry Golfer

Clubs- Callaway X20

Putter- White Steel,2-BALL Center- shafted Ball- Soft Feel

ya I've been poking around on their site etc and I like the ScoreKeeper program better so far. You can enter the course details and print out a scorecard that keeps track of the major stats, Fairways, greens, sand, putts, etc. http://www.scorekeeper.com I dont really need all the things it doesnt anyway. Was just curious as to what people thought of it.

In my bag:

King Cobra 9.5 Driver

Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood Zing2 3 to 9 irons, SW, PW, Putter Lob Wedge

• Administrator
ya I've been poking around on their site etc and I like the ScoreKeeper program better so far. You can enter the course details and print out a scorecard that keeps track of the major stats, Fairways, greens, sand, putts, etc.

I think y'all will like the PC version of Scorecard when it's made available. It sure as heck won't be as ugly as some of the things y'all are using...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I used to but it just got to be a hassle..just use the good ol' scorecard. I was tried to use my Palm to keep track of various golf games going on but other people just got sick of me telling them to "hold on" while I accesed the proper menus..lol..naw, just plain old score card..and I don't need batteries or worry if I drop it..lol

Note: This thread is 6499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!