IGNORED

Wheels falling off!!

Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This happens every Mid July for me. I have to take a whole week or so off and just hit 1/2 -3/4 shots everyday to get my timing and rhythm back.
So I'm hitting fine with 3/4 shot but every time I go to full swing with my irons I'd slice and or have no power. Now if I pick up my right foot and stay on my left I hit the ball well, so that was telling me I wasn't transitioning to my left side on my downswing.
Then I remembered this drill where you put the butt of the club in your mid section and have the club sticking straight out(perpendicular to your hips and shoulders). On the back swing, when the shaft is parallel to the ground the shaft should still be perpendicular to your shoulder turn, right? Well mine wasn't, it was on the inside. I also think my hips were turning to much and maybe causing a little reverse pivot along with sliding my hips more that rotating them around my spine.
I'm pretty stubborn and like to figure things out myself. I'm sure my instructor would of straightened me out in a few minutes but I just think I should be at a point in my golf game that I should be able to figure it out when I'm not hitting well. Thanks for any input on what I'm doing- Steve

Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!