IGNORED

Lost one of my golf partners tonight

fendermallot
Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm sure going to miss him. If anyone wants to, send some prayers to the Bryant family. 30 years old. Leaves behind a wife and 4 kids not to mention his identical twin brother who's a mess right now.

god, this has been a shitty week

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

I'm sure going to miss him. If anyone wants to, send some prayers to the Bryant family. 30 years old. Leaves behind a wife and 4 kids not to mention his identical twin brother who's a mess right now.

Sorry to hear that. If you dont mind me asking, what happened to him? 30 is a really young age.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

R.I.P.

Makes you appreciate what you have even more. If there is a silver lining, that would be it. I hope his family gets through this difficult time. If they are without any means of support, life insurance etc. you could consider starting a charity outing for his kids. I am sure his local course would be happy to accomodate. Their education would be the cause, any decent attorney or CPA would help create a trust pro-bono. It may seem a bit soon to consider this, but it will get your mind working on a productive and fruitful mission. When people lose loved ones, the most important for those who suffer is to carry on. The disease of depression is very dangerous, keeping yourself occupied with a summer fundraiser may be a good idea for you and their family. Just a thought. A woman raising 4 kids is very difficult, she is going to need all the help she can get. If I were to go, I would ask that my friends, clients and associates do whatever they could for my kids. I know I would do everything in my power for them and theirs. I am sure you will do what you can, God be with you my brother.

Go out to your buddy's favorite course, take a family member or friend with you to play with and play a round in your buddy's memory.

Take care.

"I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate." -George Burns

apparently he got in a big fight with his wife, had a few too many and thought he was superman. Plowed into a tractor (no pun intended) head on. Luckily no one else was hurt. I can't even imagine the guilt his wife is going to feel over this.

A Work in Progress:

3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

• Administrator
apparently he got in a big fight with his wife, had a few too many and thought he was superman. Plowed into a tractor (no pun intended) head on. Luckily no one else was hurt. I can't even imagine the guilt his wife is going to feel over this.

And I would tell her that it's not her fault. I don't intend this to be insensitive, but he chose to drink and I'm just glad he didn't injure or kill anyone else when he chose to drink and drive.

That said, I'm sorry for your loss, and hers, and for everyone that loved or cared for your friend.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I know she's going to blame herself. I don't really know his family that well. We were just friends through work and golfed together on occasion. It was his fault, and all I want to do is punch him. But that's kind of pointless now. Yeah, I'm really glad no one else was seriously hurt.

A Work in Progress:

Thanks guys,

I lost a friend a couple years ago, by his own doing. That doesn't make it any easier. It actually makes it harder to take because you feel you might have been able to prevent it somehow. Your wanting to smack him around is an indicator that you would have done something, had you the chance. Now is the time for you to be there for his loved ones, and to have your loved ones be there for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

• 3 weeks later...
Yes ....sorry to here of your friends death. Best wishes to you and his family. Hope all is well now 3 weeks gone.

Golf outing or fundraser in his memory planned?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Oh dear, this really struck me.

I hope you are getting through this. I noticed that three weeks have passed by by now, how are you holding up?
Have you talked to his wife? I hope you do, and by all means that you support her through this if she needs anything.
This thread really made me feel bad, I hope he is in a better state of mind and at a better place now.

My thoughts to you and his belongings,
Erlend

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!