IGNORED

over the top and being tired

Note: This thread is 6491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played 72 this weekend and tired as hell, but I had a swing question I was looking for some help on.

I noticed that as I tired my driver swing would begin to turn into a over the top slice-o-matic. As I grew even more tired the rest of the clubs would soon follow. Any suggestions on how to compensate for this on the course without having too many swing thoughts? In the past I have tried to pretend that my elbowes were strapped to my chest, but I only realized that helped after my marathon was over.

On another note, does anyone bring out a camera on the course when they play? It would be a huge help if I could see my swing, but is it obnoxious to ask someone i'm playing with to video my swing during a round? The camer is tiny, pocket size, I am not talking about a full blown video camera.

Finally my putting was averaging around 22 puts per side. Is there any way to deal with the problem of practicing on one speed/quality of green and playing on another? The green I practice on is not all that fast, and it took me quit a number of holes after warming up to get the speed and feel. I use a belly putter so it is not as much a problem with my stroke as getting the feel quickly for the speed.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I have the same problem at my home course. The practice green is always faster than the actual course. I don't understand why they have trouble getting them more closely matched except the practice green gets a lot more traffic and may be harder underneath.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator
On another note, does anyone bring out a camera on the course when they play? It would be a huge help if I could see my swing, but is it obnoxious to ask someone i'm playing with to video my swing during a round? The camer is tiny, pocket size, I am not talking about a full blown video camera.

I sometimes sneak a Canon SD550 onto the course. It takes pretty incredible 60 frames-per-second 320 x 240 video. I like to try to catch people on video when they're not aware that I'm taping them so they make their normal swing.

Technically it's illegal to do this in a round (so don't do it in a tournament, competition, etc.), but I don't think your weekly buddies are gonna bust your balls for it, especially if you're helping them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find that I slice more when I get really juiced up, rather than fatigued. For example, I demoed several drivers Saturday and hit more slices than I've hit in a long time. I think this is because I was trying to hit them as far as possible and would whip my hips around on the downswing way too fast, causing the club to chop down and across.

The next day I was trying to hit a 7iron and was hitting some bad slices and even shanks before I remembered that I needed to slow it down a bit.

Does that canon have slow-mo replay on the camera?

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Last summer, my son-in-law and I played golf in Maine for a week. He brought his video camera several times and we took turns video taping each others swings. The next couple of days, my swing went down the tubes, but eventually, what I saw allowed me to make some changes to correct some set up faults.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator
Does that canon have slow-mo replay on the camera?

You can go frame by frame, yes, but ideally you'll look at it on the computer and not on a really little LCD screen.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

here's a quick fix, try to find a smooth tempo and make an effort to feel your belt buckle rotate... if you have the proper rotation its hard to come over the top

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

that camera is wicked expensive right? like well over a 1000 bucks?

im thinking its one of those longer cameras usually with a wide or fisheeye lense

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
that camera is wicked expensive right? like well over a 1000 bucks?

It's like $400. You could look it up online... bestbuy.com, etc.

And very few cameras come with a fisheye lens. In fact, none do, really.

Note: This thread is 6491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!