IGNORED

2nd hand Odyssey putter repair?

Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd already posted this is "Golf talk" and couldn't remove it..so..sorry for the re-post...

Last summer I purchased a used Odyssey 2ball white hot XG from a playing partner and over the past year it developed a striking surface issue. It has a bit of a hollow sound when the ball strikes a particular spot and this causes inconsistent speed. I took the club to my local "Dick's" sporting goods and they agreed to send it to Callaway for repair. I get a call from them today telling me that the serial number shows it to have been a unit that was originally exported, and without the original sales receipt they (Callaway) will not repair the club at all. Mind you..I wasn't looking for warranty service...I just wanted it fixed. I also wanted to have it cut from 35" to 34". Completely willing to pay for this... I'm baffled by their apparent inflexibility to repair this putter. Has anybody else had a similar experience?...or can anyone shed any additional info?

That's what I'm assuming. I got the Callaway customer service# from the Dick's employee and I will call them when I get time. I'm baffled that there seems to be a dead end for me on this.

From what I heard the Callaway customer service is top notch and they'll do anything to please their customers. I think if you call them and explain everything you won't be dissapointed. I'm willing to bet on that.

Actually you should have called them right away without going to Dick's.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

well...I contacted Callaway today and in fact my serial number does trace to a shipment that went to Singapore in 2006. Out of warranty. He told me that they do not repair putter faces...they only replace them. And since mine was out of warranty...the best I could do was to have the "re-head" service for $120. He did also tell me that the fact that it was originally shipped to Singapore had nothing to do with it...

Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!