IGNORED

10 things

pingman360
Note: This thread is 6496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi, i'm new here so please bare with me... ten things about me

1- i'm 16yrs old
2- i think about golf all the time
3- i'm obsessed with PING
4- i play for my school golf team and am in the #1 seat
5- i go to a Christian school
6- i also play basketball and soccer
7- i listen to the Podcast every time it comes out
8- i'm also a member of http://www.golfreview.com/
9- i would love to play St Andrews, Augusta, TPC Sawgrass, and Bethpage Black
10- i am running out of things about me

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

your like the same as me...except i'm 17...but everything besides 3, 7, and 8 applies to me as well. Where do you live?

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

your like the same as me...except i'm 17...but everything besides 3, 7, and 8 applies to me as well. Where do you live?

i live in NC...

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

• Administrator

You don't listen to the podcast?

Booo! Ten things about me (why not?):
  1. I've never had a lesson. I'm not proud of that just for bragging rights, but I do take pride in solving problems myself. For me, that's part of the enjoyment I get from golf.
  2. I rarely get an eagle. I chipped in on a short par four for one this year, though, and the only one I got last year was when I played a par 5 from the white tees (and hit the green with a 9-iron).
  3. I've never had a hole-in-one, though I could easily pick 10 shots out of my history that stopped inside of two total feet from the cup.
  4. I've only ever seen one hole in one in person (Aaron Ollinger my first year on the high school golf team).
  5. I married my high-school sweetheart.
  6. I once hit a 7-wood into a stiff wind to see if I could make the ball balloon so much it would fly backwards. It did and landed 25 yards behind me. Imagine the flop shot you could play near a green with a 7-wood and a stiff wind!
  7. My pre-shot routine takes 27 seconds. If it takes more than that, it's because I'm trying to work on something.
  8. I've had the pleasure of working for two of my favorite companies in the world, one in the computer realm and one in the golf realm. I've also spent most of my working life under the leadership of the most jackassed, toughest boss in the world: myself (you know what they say about self-employment...).
  9. In the winter, I play a lot of pool (9-ball, 8-ball, 7-ball, etc.).
  10. I hate slow play. I like traditional golf courses. And I don't really drink... ever. Maybe four times a year, and even then just one drink.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here goes...

1. I just recently started playing regularly again...I played frequently during summers when I was in High school and was able to break 90 a few times. I just graduated from college and played rarely there (maybe once every 6 months). I still read and thought a lot about golf and frequently swung the sand wedge around the apt.
2. I have played 3 rounds since I have graduated and shot 94, 97, 86. The course isn't terribly difficult (69.8/117).
3. I have cheap clubs and will gradually be upgrading now that I can afford some new ones. I will own a driver for the first time in my golfing life on Wednesday (going with the Callaway X460 I believe).
4. I have never taken lessons, either.
5. I taught myself how to play primarily with the help of Ben Hogan's 5 fundamentals, what a great book!
6. I just saw my swing for the first time ever as I realized I have a decent video capture feature on my digital camera -- it's not as bad as I thought and hopefully I will post them soon for you guys to pick apart.
7. I have never really played a great course...hopefully this weekend I will play Hampton Cove, which is part of the RTJ golf trail here in Alabama. That will be the nicest course I have played (but not the most expensive -- green fees are way to high in Massachusetts!)
8. I am trying to come up with a new swing though...for awhile I had a very strong grip and my thought was to keep the face looking at the ball as long as possible. This worked pretty good for mid and short irons, but anything longer than a 5iron was a disaster.
9. I don't practice my putting enough, but I love to practice chip shots, especially now that I finally got a 60* wedge.
10. One strategy that worked well for me when trying to break 90 was to consider every hole a par 5...it gave me a nice boost when I would par or bogey par 3's and par 4's.

erik i'll start listening to the podcasts if you really want.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

10 Things
1. I am totally obsessed with golf. I play every day, watch it at night, and think about it during my work day.
2. I've only been playing 6 years.
3. My lowest ever score was 3 over par.
4. I have chipped in for eagle on 4 par 5's, 2 par 4's and drove the green and 1 putted for eagle once.
5. I have gained 50 yards on my drives in the last 2 years.
6. I am finally learning to use my clubs to work the ball.
7. My "go to" shot with a driver is a controlled fade, but with my irons, it is a 5 yard draw.
8. I have a very understanding wife.
9. I physically hurt after walking the course with a carry bag. I can barely walk for the rest of the day.
10. I have had two stents installed in my heart and had my left femoral artery cleaned out. Before that (18 months ago), I could barely walk 50 yards without stopping to let my calf uncramp.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

sure why not...

1. 7 years ago, I took lessons then never played.
2. 7 years later, I started playing again (last october)
3. Taking lessons now, and my shots are much more accurate and can drive at least 75 yards further
4. I too have a very understanding wife
5. I drive a 1700cc motorcycle
6. I'm 36 and I play WAY too many videogames
7. My best 18 holes (out of 5 rounds so far) is 99
8. Chipping is my new favorite thing to practice
9. I work on a computer all day and browse golf tips
10. My clubs (Ping Zing2 irons, King Cobra driver) were given to me by a friend whose dad is a billionaire (he plays golf all the time and now has his own business designing and building golf courses)

In my bag:

King Cobra 9.5 Driver

Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood Zing2 3 to 9 irons, SW, PW, Putter Lob Wedge

Damn you people -- I knew I should never have opened this thread.
  1. Like Erik, I've never had a lesson. I learned by watching the pros on tv, looking for common things that they all do and trying to incorporate them into my game.
  2. Until last year, I played with the same set of irons (Titleist DCI Golds), wedges (Cleveland 588), and putter (Titleist Milled Bulls Eye) for over ten years.
  3. I used to be in a terrible band, and I still play the guitar... terribly. I do play Tiger Woods '06 quite well on my PS2 though. I'm 35 years old, by the way.
  4. I've never rocked a mullet.
  5. I lost 35 lbs on Atkins a couple of years ago, and gained 40 lbs back when I gave it up. Needless to say... I'm fat.
  6. I'm usually the longest guy in my group, but I wish I was a better ball striker.
  7. I've had one eagle this year, on a 362 yd par four. Cut a 90 degree dogleg with a five wood, knocked it to eighteen inches, and sank the putt. One hundred percent luck.
  8. I served eight years in the military, but find myself leaning left on a lot of issues these days.
  9. I defend Michelle Wie's right to miss cuts on any tour she wants to. This IS America, after all.
  10. I've lost out on eBay for a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio three times, and each time I was almost relieved that I did.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Note: This thread is 6496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!