IGNORED

Guys who wear sunglasses, good deal

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't care what name is on sunglasses. I have never and would never pay more than 20 bucks.

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

If you refuse to pay more than $20, you're settling for inferior glasses.

That said, $150 is a bit extreme. I might pay that for some excellent lenses with Crizal coating and so forth, but not for these.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I don't care what name is on sunglasses. I have never and would never pay more than 20 bucks.

There is a world of difference between $20 junk and high-end sunglasses just as there is between Wal-mart golf clubs and name-brand clubs.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I find this interesting since you paid for the name on your putter. I am partial to Tifosi sunglasses. Great optics and great prices(around $60). I do have a pair of Oakley Pro M frames that are still going strong from 1996.

Oakley is over rated.. I like Rayban, Orginal penguin, or versace.. If i want something sporty I go with underarmor they have nice stuff.. but that is pretty cool

sp33d - Thanks for the link!!! Man, that's an awesome price!!!! Thanks for the heads up on that! Did you see any info on how long that sale will last?

And schigara - I'm sure there are a lot of people with the same thoughts on paying $300 for a putter. I can guarantee you I get more use out of my Oakleys than you do out of your Scotty. Sp33d was just trying to post a link and help some people out that may be lookingfor a good pair of sunglasses, not asking for people's opinions on how much is too much to pay. No need to be condescending.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I paid $21 off ebay for a pair of Smith Axis sunglasses with 3 lenses and a hardcase and I swear the lenses are so clear they are distracting. This is coming from a guy who owns 4 pair of Oakleys.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Oakley is over rated.. I like Rayban, Orginal penguin, or versace.. If i want something sporty I go with underarmor they have nice stuff.. but that is pretty cool

Agreed. I have never been a fan of Oakley. Rayban is my choice for now but I like the look of UA and Spy.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

oakley is hardly over rated, they do more R&D; than any sunglass company that I have looked at. After you hear from cops, and military that can still see because of their oakleys. I had a buddy in Afghanistan that one of the guys in his platoon take heavy shrapnel to his face but his oakley's saved his vision, i had pictures of him and the glasses I'll try and dig them up. Every since then its the only thing I wear. While I don't plan on going to war anytime soon its nice to have the insurance.

But to each their own, they are the most comfy glasses I've ever owned. Plus they stay on while your running/playing sports. My old gargoyles were all but piles of useless crap, as were my spy's and a couple other "expensive" brands. I have sat on my oakleys and just put them back together, cant say that for any other brands I've owned.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Nothing wrong with Oakley. They're a bit overpriced IMO, but their shades are just as good as the other top manufacturers. Good customer service too.

They're a bit over hyped and some of their designs are rather off-the-wall, and of course being the big kid on the block get them a certain amount of backlash.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads-up. I just received my shipment from Paragon Sports. I am looking forward to playing in these. I like them because they are light enough to play in and also feel comfortable for running as well. Now when my shots go way off course I will be able to see them very well.

I find it interesting that you automatically assume I bought my putter new or even paid market value for it. I actually got it from a guy on craigslist for $60..... not $300.

I find this interesting since you paid for the name on your putter.

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!