IGNORED

buyer's remorse

pxc
Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first driver was an FT-5 and I broke it and I was really upset. The FT-5 Driver is perfect for learning to swing. It has a nice feel as the ball comes off it as well, and although the FT-5 isnt the most forgiving it makes you learn how to swing a driver and when you do its very rewarding, I'd say give it time you'll learn to love it..

If you're a beginner, you're worrying about this a lot more than you need to.
Keep the driver and work on developing a repeatable swing. At your skill level, you're putting too much stock into equipment.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

I would keep it for a while and see how it works for you. If you don't hate the club, throwing more money out the window is probably not the answer. Good luck!

Always Happy, Never Satisfied

I hit the range today and really focused more on turning my hips in my swing. I also teed up the ball a little higher. I got a few good, straight-ish drives in and about two where I really smacked the ball, farther than I ever remember hitting it. The range has flags but no numerical distance markers so I don't know exactly how far, but the two big ones hit the back fence.

It isn't consistent yet, not at all, but at least I know it is possible. I'll hang onto it for now, it doesn't look like I'd even get $100 for it anyway.

edit: thank you everyone for your input, I appreciate it. Sometimes it helps to hear several takes on a situation to figure out the best one for me.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I hit the range today and really focused more on turning my hips in my swing. I also teed up the ball a little higher. I got a few good, straight-ish drives in and about two where I really smacked the ball, farther than I ever remember hitting it. The range has flags but no numerical distance markers so I don't know exactly how far, but the two big ones hit the back fence.

No problem man thats what we're here for its a good driver I hope it works out for you.

Back from the dead!

I got an email back from Callaway indicating that they'd prefer that I give the FT-5 a fair shake, but that exchanging it was not necessarily out of the question.

Here's what I'm thinking - I should go demo an FT-i alongside my FT-5 somewhere this weekend and really see which one feels better. Then I can just choose to either keep the FT-5, or exchange it for the FT-i. Pretty simple. I'm just surprised Callaway is even entertaining the idea.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I would sell it, especially because it's a draw driver.

I'm more into learning how to use the driver properly or using a 3-wood to build technique.

Also check out the new Dymo2. I love the new nike golf range!

p.s. the FT-5 driver is an excellent square head driver!!

you should have bought from Callaway pre-owned instead of Dick's... 90 day playability program, could have easily switched to the FT-i... not to mention the FT-i is only about $150 right now. You could see your FT-5 for maybe $100 and throw in another $50 to order the FT-i...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!