IGNORED

How many of you guys have had your clubs bent to fit you?

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My current set of irons were fitted and made to those specs. It really did make a huge difference. For years I was playing clubs that were too flat for me.

First range session with my new sticks found me hitting crazy high balls that hooked. It was because I was setting up the "old" way. I made a simple adjustment and began hitting them nice and straight.

You are right....it does make a huge difference....especially if you are not "average" dimensions.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Forged clubs are easier to bend. Cast clubs much more difficult because the steel tends to be more brittle. Either way, go to someone with a good reputation for club repair. Had a guy bend an entire set of cast irons 2* with no problem. He knew what he was doing. Had two Cleveland wedges bent by another gentleman; the gap was turned into an 8 iron and the 56 broken at the hosel. Did not know what he was doing.

Forged clubs can be bent more severely than cast. In a forged club, you can bend them approximately 8-12 times before the it get overly-fatigued. You can bend cast, but it's much more difficult. I would bend them more than +/- 2 degs. One care and maintenance suggestion: limit hitting your clubs off mats. In just a few practice sessions, you can pound your clubs a few degrees.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

all of my irons are 1 degree flatter. Done for free when i bought them

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I know for a fact I need to get my clubs bent (Found a lie board and some of that lie board tape at dicks and decided to be my own personal club fitter

Only problem is, where is a good place to get fitted that wont cost 150 bucks?? I'd go to golfsmith but its just some kid that is fitting you...... Plus , I dont know if I want the golfsmith guy bending my cast irons....

Can I just go to a fitter and say I need my lie adjusted? And will it be cheaper that way?

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!