IGNORED

Sonartec, Not Sure Who It Was…

Note: This thread is 1673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

but whoever kept (and keeps ) talking up the Sonartec fairway woods was spot on. I picked up a 15* SS-3.5 3 wood that looks to have been hit only a handful of times for $40 off eBay. Overall the club performs every bit as well as my G10 and better then my TM Burner (although the TM seems to cut through the rough better because it has a shallower face). Great sound and a penetrating ball flight…I'm sold !

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I have play one for almost 3 years now. Everyone jokes about me not changing but I have so much confidence in that club. Its ashame you dont see more peopel use them.

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

Sonartec is one of the best kept secrets in golf. When they went out of business several years ago, all types of Tour Pro carried their fairway woods. Great buy!!!!

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

I have a Sonartec S001 15* 3W. It is a great club. Amazing, penetrating ball flight. The ball just rockets off the club face. I just replaced it with a Nickent 3dx rc 17* 2H. I can "work" the hybrid left and right better.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Oh, how I love my SS 3.5.

My only complaint, is that when my swing is grooved, its not shorter enough than my driver to be a layup option.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Sonartec makes awesome fairway woods, the best thing about them is when your using them off the tee. Like everyone else has said they have a much hotter trajectory, I found this to be problematic in the fairway as my ball would hit the baked fairways here in AZ and run too far.

Good find for an even better price. I remember I bought mine brand new for $179 and thought it was worth every penny then.

G5 9* w/Aldila NV Shaft
4DX +3 (13*)
3DX RC 2-Iwood 17*
i5 3-PW GREEN DOT w/Z-Z65 steel shafts
Ping Eye 2 XG SW & LW

Ping Zing G2 Putter

Hoofer 3 Bag

Nike ball (any)

Rounds this year:81: Granite Falls North84: Trilogy at Vistancia84: Falcon Golf Course82: Granite Falls South 82

• 2 months later...
I bought a Sonartec GS Tour 13 degree fairway wood and never got on with it. When I struck it well I agree with all the above comments but I found it a little whippy and hit too many low hooks.

I'm pretty sure a change of shaft would have worked wonders but I couldn't afford it and have gone back to my Callaway Steelhead - which remains a wonderful club!

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

• 10 years later...

A Time Traveller checking in on this old post? Nope, just ROCN wanting to add to this topic. I had a 6 year layoff and recently started to play again. Happily the dust fell off pretty quick and now my chipping & putting are holding me back. Two things that have helped me though are two old Sonartec clubs I picked up two weeks ago. A little 2wd hybrid and 14 degree 3 we. Wow! They have put my Callaway FT 3 &  5 woods in the closet. The Sonartec 3 is at least 12 yds longer and the 2 hybrid blows past the Cally 5 wood 15 to 20 yds. 

Great clubs that I wish they still sold in America. Anyone else gaming these into 2020?

1 hour ago, ROCNBigDrives said:

now my chipping & putting are holding me back.

So welcome back i suppose! Now to business...i’m sure you know better than that..😉

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, BaggerVM said:

Ha! Welcome back!

Not gaming it but I have a Sonartec NP-99 16.5 four wood that I will not sell. Straight... long... consistent... not sure why I am not playing it 🙂

I know what you mean, these two Sonartec clubs will not leave my possession for years to come. At nearly 57 years old I doubted my abilities to hit them but the low price sold me. Thankfully, they are perfect! Now let's hope the "like new " Titleist 907 D1 I bought at Callaway Pre-owned last night works out as well. Happy 2020 everyone!

• iacas changed the title to Sonartec, Not Sure Who It Was…
  • 2 weeks later...

I play the royal collection (sonartecs daddy) fairway and hybrids. The ss07 is the copy to the rc’s I use. Have had them for over 10 years and they will not be forced out of my golf bag by a new club. They are solid, accurate, and looooonnnggg off the fairway and tee. If you can’t find sonartec’s look for RC on eBay. RC is the company that sonartec copied and purchased clubs from.  Great shafts too.

Note: This thread is 1673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!